58 coaches online • Server time: 21:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep for retire?
Keep
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Retire
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
I don't know
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Should this frail Norse runner retire, or should it keep aiming for the Norse #1s?

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %11, %2015 - %22:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

He's got the makings of a legend despite the injuries and the niggle. Let him die a man on the pitch rather than as a girl in retirement.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Potion?
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've voted "retire" simply because Norse runners are amazing positionals and it sucks to have one who spends half of the time in the injury box. They're good with only one skill, great with 2, and amazing with 3, so replacing him shouldn't be an issue.

But of course, that's unless you're after that #1 spot in the top list. We can't decide for you if you are. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, potion deserves some consideration, but that depends on your feelings about potions and about that player and the team. Also if you have one Wink

If you want to chase down more records I'd not fire him, but only you know exactly how much of a liability he is in game. It is possible to play 'scared' with players like this and still be successful, though that may not be a play style you enjoy. I tried it for a bit with a niggled WD, but ultimately I couldn't keep him out of the line of fire enough, and that team was over 1800tv so it wasn't like I could really duck and play only teams lacking combinations of tackle and mighty blow.

He's still around, but I almost never play those WE, just because I stopped enjoying how I was playing them. One day I'll dust them off and suicide him or retire him I suppose Smile
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
But of course, that's unless you're after that #1 spot in the top list. We can't decide for you if you are. Wink

Heh, it's more about how probable it is to achieve those now giving his current "condition".

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, AV6 + niggle is ugly.

How often does he need to get hit though? And more, how frequently is he down to get fouled?

Only you know these answers, because only you know how you play that team.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

He has Dodge, so he can avoid AV rolls. Unfortunatly your team has nothing else. He is your team.
He is what is winnning you games.

If you retire him you should try to reset your team to rookie status as close as possible and try to start over entirely.

That means getting rid of any non essential support players. Those are Kilkenny Magrav and Dag Blaasteinson.

So, I'd either keep all or retire all three of 'em.

..Ripper Rippson would work on a rookie team just fine. And Borg Borggasson is just too valueable to destroy. Ulfwerners aren't easy to skill. With Frenzy, Bt and Block he adds a highly efficient sideline trimmer who can decide games against bad coaches on his own. Sideline action is still the best way to use strategy to beat the luck over the head. When a coach has no players, all the luck in the world can't help him.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %11, %2015 - %22:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

For a moment I thought you were actually trying to score with a Snow Troll. This discussion would be much more interesting if that turned out to be the real question.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
For a moment I thought you were actually trying to score with a Snow Troll. This discussion would be much more interesting if that turned out to be the real question.

Snow Troll thinks you are a mean man.

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Either way, you need to be skilling another Runner.

Personally, I would fire his ass, but you are in the bad situation of being an old fragile team in Blackbox, which means you better get used to playing up TV whether you keep him or not.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Either way, you need to be skilling another Runner.

Personally, I would fire his ass, but you are in the bad situation of being an old fragile team in Blackbox, which means you better get used to playing up TV whether you keep him or not.

Good point about skilling another runner.

This team has been around since lrb4 so they know all about being beaten to a pulp. Actually, they have never had it as good as now though, but are still rebuilding. Most of the time they find matches at their own TV level though.

What happened to your #1000 game Slann team btw?! Smile

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

What happened to your #1000 game Slann team btw?! Smile

Stopped enjoying them somewhere.

Actually, I am a bit stuck in a rut at the moment. Been trying a few things to find the fun again (Slann, Amazons, Khemri) but none of them have really hit the mark.

Might pop into the Stunty division for a while, but that means facing the dreaded game finder Rolling Eyes
delusional

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2015 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

He is AV6! Cmon, av6 screams "Blaze of Glory!"

Sure you're min/max will be out... Who cares. Just play Dwarfs/orcs/killstack teams till he is gone. Or you can protect him, and have sucky gameplay or hey retire him and keep your min/max ratio nice and calm......

Or have a ton of fun and let him go down as he deserves! Maybe put him on the LOS, maybe marking the Chaos Beast, but let him die the honourable death he deserves.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2015 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask myself, what would Arktoris do?

He would keep him, put him on the LOS until he died in a train wreck of titanic proportions.

So, I would do what Arktoris would do.

Last edited by PainState on %b %12, %2015 - %01:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: