43 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ancient Pharoahs

Here's my general build so far:

2 Blitz-ras with - MB, Tackle, Frenzy
some skellies; nothing special
2 Thros - block on both, then KoR/Leader on one and Fend/HM Pass on the other

and now the fun part...the 4 TG's:

1 rookie
1 with MB, Block
1 with MB, Block
1 with +1 ST, Block

My ST6 Tombie just leveled again and guess what........he rolled box-cars again.

If I did go with the ST boost, I'd likely go Mighty Blow or BT next, then the one that I didn't just take, and finally multiple block (all assuming he doesn't roll doubles again (which at that point would maybe go with Dodge).

Another great point would be to take the ST boost and not even worry with the dodge and just use a TRR on the dodge. I would be dodging into a cage on a 2+ regardless. Can you imagine dodging into a tight 9 square cage on a 2+ and have at least 2 dice my choice on the hit? Hell if there's no guard on the cage corners and I negate the assists with other players, then I could still get a 3 die block my choice on a ST3 ball carrier...that would be flat-out insane!!!

So do I take the ST and go ST7 with block already on the guy? I'd be getting 3 die blocks un-assisted on most other players. Do I take the Dodge and make him harder to take down (plus I get Break Tackle next and he's a cage breaking machine at ST 6 with the dodge too)? Or something else? I think those are the only 2 real skills that matter in this case. What does everyone think?

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember something about ST7 break tackle not working any better than ST6 break tackle, maybe someone else can confirm. Even with that and the fact that an ST6 blodging break tackler would be a nightmare he would be nowhere near as cool as an ST7 monster with block and mighty blow: you have to take the +ST or nuffle will smite you into oblivion.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you do the #'s...just dodging into an open square the ST 6 vs 7 wouldn't matter at all, it's still a 2+. But dodging into 3 tackle zones it would be a difference.

This is all with Break Tackle added to the mix as well.

ST6 is a straight 1+ dodge. Add, or subtract however you look at it, 3 for the 3 zones and now you are at 4+ then take one away for the dodge attempt puts you back to a 3+.

With ST7 would take that back down to a 2+. Unless I am doing that wrong and if I am then someone please correct me.

Seventyone

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

As you can't get above agility 5 sadly the table in the rule book only goes that high so any str above 5 doesn't help for that, but does help pounding your foes into the dust and/or avoiding getting pounded yourself

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I mean agility 6

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right...the rulebook only goes to a 6 on the stat table with means everything at stat 6 succeeds on a 1+ (which we all know a natural 1 fails no matter what it's still a 2+). So the change from 6 to 7 wouldn't matter there. I know the most logical choice would probably be the Dodge pick...but man it's hard to not get a ST7 piece.

Calcium

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This is being debated? +ST is a gift that should always be taken with 1 massive exception.....Snotlings

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the ST. Even without the boost to BT (& let's not forget, AG6 dodging is still awesome), he now gets unaided 3 dice blocks. Even a deathroller or fanatic or treeman needs assists to get more than 1 dice on him. And (most importantly) he can look down on all those puny ST6ers running around, thinking they're the bee's knees.

Also: ST2 snotlings are awesome.

Last edited by xnoelx on %b %05, %2015 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Calcium

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I should have added....

The TG in question already has BLOCK, so any quibble over taking Block on a double is dead..... +ST all day, then BT @51SPPs

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know ST is the most easy and, at first, obvious choice. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something else that "may" be better.

TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I took the ST boost...so now have a ST7 block Tomb Guardian. Smile

paradocks

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be drooling, until the inevitable crowd projectile for a kill and no regen :>
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey gotta enjoy him while I can right...sooner or later decay will rot him into the ground...but who cares about that...I'm enjoying him right now! And I do have a potion that could easily be used on this guy down the road if he catches a couple of bad injuries. Been saving that pot for a piece just like this one.

haha

akaRenton

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A thing of beauty, now play them against Carlo Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

haha

Jump to: