16 coaches online • Server time: 02:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm focusing on trying to learn Delf and Skaven right now and with both teams I really struggle against this team. They have so much mighty blow and ST that I really struggle with not losing half my team by the end of the first half. I'm dodging out of TZs as much as possible but the Khemri player will just mark each of my guys every turn and inevitably sometimes someone will miss their dodge and half my team gets wacked the next turn.

I suppose I could back off more, but then I'd just be giving the Khemri player free roam over the field and guaranteeing an easy score... Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a kicker? A deep kick can spell doom for Khemri against an agile team. Kick it deep, swarm the ball. Get a defensive score or two and things start looking bright.
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Let them score. The Khemri team's trick is they can only really score 2 per game. Give them the 2, take 3 to 5, you win. Don't ever let a Tomb Guardian hit your Runners or Stormers, the Linerats take all the hits and you focus on killing their Sure Hands (or any AG 3) before they get in the cage each time, or random Skeletons/Blitz-Ras otherwise.

They can't protect their weaker players, don't have a bench, they can't usually catch your important ones unless you draw them into a trap with it, so blitz the soft ones, keep gaps enough to use your GRs for easy assists to win the bash when they mark your linemen, and leave the Tomb Guards alone in their slow-ass cage.

Delfs, you lack the real speed to toy with them, but your team dodges are better. Just remember, each one that dodges makes an assist for another one to 2d block, that's better odds and better gain. Dodge away from the Guardians and help pound the Skeletons and Blitz-Ra. Just keep the gaps between yours at exactly 2 squares so yours can fit and theirs can't.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Minimal contact each turn helps & when you dodge away make sure that you position your players so that the khemri guarders can't put one player in 2 tackle-zones & get a guard assist. Back up slowly, slowing down his cage & try to get his players out of position. A kicker as Kondor said helps - if you can get a defensive score in, you have a shot at the win.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Let them score. The Khemri team's trick is they can only really score 2 per game.

I beg to differ
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
tussock wrote:
Let them score. The Khemri team's trick is they can only really score 2 per game.

I beg to differ

Yeah, the Embalmers have managed 3 td's in 5 of their games (including 3 in a row recently!).

The mighty Sphinxes have also done it three times - this time in a competition where I can't pick my way to easybeats Wink
(Have to mention this game in particular, as they have a chance to seek revenge this season!)

Heck, they can even do it without TG's!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot beat Khemri. Spend your mental energy elsewhere!
Kam

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, noxnoctum. You should practice on FUMBBL. Smile

And yes, against Khemris, you will lose half of your team if you play elfs or rats, or flings, or... Unless of course you're full of blodgers versus tackle-less Khemris. But it doesn't matter. You simply have to learn how to win games with half a team. Hint: run and steal those bloody touchdowns!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

clawPOMB works a treat against them

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Column defense. Limit them to score once. It is quite possible to do so. It is not so difficult not to lose against them. It is more difficult to beat them. If the game goes to overtime, then you will lose in it, so things get tricky. But in a normal game it should be quote realistic to manage at least a tie.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

khemri is not so tough to beat.
they need lots of doubles and statups to work properly.

just mark the ball carrier
also mark TG's so that they will "block apart", unless they have MB and/or block,
TG's are turnover machines...
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri can be tough to play against. They have 4 St 5 players and decent movement to boot. They have some weakness though:

Poor agility
A bunch of AV7 players

Focus on not giving up too many blocks and making as many as you can. Work out when their cage is vulnerable and go all in. Dark Elves can take a few hits, while Skaven requires exquisite timing, since if you don't manage to extract the ball quickly you find yourself losing your team fast! Try to pressure the ball carrier as well. If your opponent is spending his blitz to free his ball carrier each turn, he isn't using it to move forwards. Be prepared to throw 1 dice blocks if necessary, a mummy or 2 on the ground (or better yet on the sideline) will quickly slow a Khemri drive down.

Oscar Wilde
okostomi

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Do the elf defense. Lineman, two empty squares, another lineman (backed up by other players). Khermi are soo slow, you should only have about three 2+ dodges per turn with delfs. Another turn mark all the non-mb guys with blodgers, so the opponent can not advance in a cage. Mix these 2 methods depending on how many tackle pomber guys he has.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are building your team Elf team with enough Dodge you ought to be able to shut down a Khemri Offense in the 1st half. Kick to them. Hope they don't get CAS lucky on turn 1. Pressure the pickup hope for a steal. If you get the steal score immediately. A defensive score ought to break their bones.
Use the Elf 1-back defense. 1/3 to 1/2 of the team should be shielding the rest each turn. Don't give up more than 1 square per turn up the middle. Make them try to go around by being strong up the middle. Be weak on the edges to convinve them to go around. Then get strong on that sideline to force them back to the middle. If you can turn them at least 2 times they won't score.
YOu should be able to shut out a Khemri team in most games.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It gets really tough once they have 4 TGs, some with Guard, stood around protecting their ball carrier. Though still it if gets to that point I think it can be worth trying to throw some players in to the carrier and one or 2 corners. If you can stomach what happens when it goes wrong.