28 coaches online • Server time: 11:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the Choice Player of LXIII?
Nicol Melanque (Mexican Standoff)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Bolwgan Softrock (Port Macquarie Snowleopards)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Brown Bear Barry (Southern Warpstone Scavengers)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Elwien (Autumn's leaves)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Morg 'n' Thorg (Morgwegian)
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Dodgy Dan (Redgum's Rodents)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Karma Man II (Sphinxes from Mars)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Sam the Eagle (Henson's Henchmen)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Shntsyeooa (Slumbering Skink)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Huge Axeman (Error 404 afterlife not found)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 21:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
The one thing that I think I really miss in ongoing SWL competiion fluff are the old match reports and 3-2-1 twahnlows over the stat based end of season awards.

Any computer program can count the number of (insert random stat) here. Only a human can decide that that last turn TTM from Glart the giant Troll and that double GFI from Slippery Joe goblin was worth more to that game than Bob the CPOMB chaos warrior destroying a whole team.

What a fantastic idea! However, my memory of the old system (and my memory doesn't stretch back that far), is that it required a lot of administration, and relied on all players committing to the cause for it to work.

So, the SWL Cuddlebunny Support Group has decided on a simple end of year vote for PLAYER of the season (this thread), and TEAM of the season (there).

No criteria. Choose whoever you like. Base your choice on fluff, skill, luck, virtue, corruptness, or whoever just needs a hug. Choose a player because he refrained from stomping on the elf's prone head you generously presented at his feet. Or choose a player because he didn't refrain from stomping on the elf's prone head you generously presented at his feet. Totally up to you. Only one Player of the season will be chosen, covering the whole league, not separate divisions.

I'll set up a poll once the final game of the season has been played. Then voting will be open for 5 days. But for now, think about who you'd like to nominate, and if you're ready: nominate

If it looks like we'll have 50 coaches making 50 different nominations we may require a seconding to make the list. No self nominations.

This thread is for PLAYER.

My nomination:
Nicol Melanque (Mexican Standoff). Eleven spp from a stellar debut, topped off by foul killing the only Superstar the Freezy Trees have ever known. Many high elves would feel so distraught at the thought of taking the life of another that they may struggle to go on. But not Nicol. She has endured games where the crowd has booed every action she takes, but has persevered and continued her good form. This dirty HERO is indeed worthy of Player of the season.

SWL CHOICE PLAYER of LXIII Nominations
Image Nicol Melanque (Mexican Standoff)
Image Bolwgan Softrock (Port Macquarie Snowleopards)
Image Brown Bear Barry (Southern Warpstone Scavengers)
Image Elwien (Autumn's leaves)
Image Morg 'n' Thorg (Morgwegian)
Image Dodgy Dan (Redgum's Rodents)
Image Karma Man II (Sphinxes from Mars)
Image Sam the Eagle (Henson's Henchmen)
Image Shntsyeooa (Slumbering Skink)
Image Huge Axeman (Error 404 afterlife not found)

Last edited by ramchop on %b %11, %2016 - %20:%Mar; edited 7 times in total
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I second Nicol Melanque that kick was worthy of a place in the peoples hearts Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nomination: Bolwgan Softrock (Port Maquarie Snowleopards). Playing on in the confs despite the dreaded fracture of the collar bone, Bolwgan had a stellar first game with 4 TDs before the injury, and has been everyone's favourite punching bag since. 6th game coming up temporarily without Hoover Widowmaker to deliver the long bombs, may not survive out the season, but will not go easy.

48 SPP left to go to legend, ST 1, no problems, it's only 16 more TDs.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nomination https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10844213 Brown Bear Barry From the Southern Warpstone Scavengers, Scored 2 TDs in the game vs my unfortunate Hostile Kiddies, helping to bring his team out of a 14 game win less streak

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate my own player.

This guy; https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9946041

He has survived 68 games in very average team, only missed 3 of those, has had niggle for most part of his career and still plays big role for the team denaying side lines for other teams.

Longevity has to count for something.

Very selfish to nominate my own player, but I am actually very proud of this guy...

- D
Dlock

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, and noticed the "no self nominations" bit now. My apologies and ignore my previous post, please.

- D
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate Morg from Morgwegian. Always excited to see this team play, and he deserves it! He's Morg!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 00:13
FUMBBL Staff

MOOOOOOOOOOORRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 00:40
FUMBBL Staff

Dlock wrote:
Ah, and noticed the "no self nominations" bit now. My apologies and ignore my previous post, please.

- D

No! Don't ignore. Someone please nominate Elwien. Any Av7 that lasts 65 games deserves some respect. My team has just hit 47 games and there is only one of the original Av7s left (two if you include the newly Av7ed Snow Troll)
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Logging into your sons account to post for him, for shame!

If I'm voting for people's choice award I'd nominate Dodgy Dan.

If I'm voting for player of the season then whoever wins the twahnlow.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
If I'm voting for player of the season then whoever wins the twahnlow.

Tomay wrote:
Isn't this just always the Prem winning team. Winning a Premiership is the biggest accomplishment there is and it is crazy tough to get one - why do we need a team of the season when that is always the Prem winner?

I don't mind the idea of the player of the season though.

I'm not sure these are the thread for you, Tomay.
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

"Choose whoever you like." is the rule. Tomay is encouraged to vote for the best if that's who he likes. I'm sticking to the cuddlebunny factor.

More nominations! Come on people, there's someone out there you've got a soft spot for, dead or alive or block-wrestle by mistake. Smile

Post 14 Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

In a season where fouling became such a contentious issue, I am compelled to nominate one of the more entertaining (i.e. prolific) foulers that I’ve seen of late: Karma Man II from the Sphinxes from Mars.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9966203

21 fouls after 6 games this season is a skull-cracking pace – keep it up, Karma Man II!

I was *this* close to nominating Cabbapult, another of my favourite foulers from the 404:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10421043

But he just hasn't been as entertaining this season, for some reason...

Edit: removed closing comments about stats - this should be about entertainment value, not numbers Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll nominate Elwien for Dlock!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a tough award to vote on. We only get a chance to play against opponent's teams (and therefore, their players) once a season.
 Jump to: