50 coaches online • Server time: 18:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have created a new group with the aim of playing Stunty games, without General access on Big Guys;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2237

This thread is to discuss how people wish to have the group set up and what they wish to gain from it, apart from an area to find potential matches against like minded coaches.

Any comments or views on anything are welcome.

Also, any ideas for the group administration, a logo or even tournaments, are also welcome.

Please keep this thread for the discussion of the new group, should you wish to discuss Big Guys General Access in Stunty further please, look at these threads, as well as others that can me found via the search facility;

Most recenlty voted apon here; http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4497

Previously under discussion here; http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4483
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool that someone set this up, just remember that normal riules still apply, so no user run tournaments are possible.
If you however want to make one big one, I will give it blessing.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

how will you make sure no one is cheating with the selection of skills?

And, maybe everyone should transfer the teams to the U division after creation.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:

And, maybe everyone should transfer the teams to the U division after creation.

Because no-one will be aware of doubles rolled, we will have to work on the basis that no-one takes General skills. Therefore, even if a double is rolled on a skill, a Trait or Possibly a Throwing skill should be taken in place of Block or Tackle.

Not ideal in any sense, but it's an option that differs from the current Block/Tackle on every BG in Stunty as is.

As for transfering to [U] there is no need, the teams will be [S] teams in every shape and form, but will just select not to take General Skills, as a oood percentage dissagree with them. Stunty teams created and moved to [U] seem to keep Gen access anyway.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:

If purpose is to playtest stunty without general access... dont take general skills on doubles...
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And it would be nice in groups like this that ot wont happen again that 4/5 of teams are ones with no big guys at all Razz
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd recommend an honour system... get coaches who can be trusted and get some data that is actually applicable to the problem at hand.

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I understood what this is about (I guess)...

And I would be interested in taking part in "test playing", but I will be busy til summer...

To the non cheating: Yes I know the rules...
You just have to trust the players.
I am just wondering whether that will work. But, on the other side, if there is a group of players saying we don´t want no Gen access, it actually might.

Quote:
Cool that someone set this up, just remember that normal riules still apply, so no user run tournaments are possible.
If you however want to make one big one, I will give it blessing.

My point was: What is the advantage in setting it up in stunty? If you transfer the teams to U, you could just have the chance to set up all sorts of tourneys.
What are the differences from S to U except the G-access?

Quote:
Stunty teams created and moved to [U] seem to keep Gen access anyway.

Is that for the teams, or the players, that are in the initial team? At least it would make sure, you can´t take the wrong skill (either by choice or mistake).
bogh

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What about creating teams in U and moving them to stunty? How would that affect skill choices?

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
What are the differences from S to U except the G-access?

None.

Quote:
Stunty teams created and moved to [U] seem to keep Gen access anyway.

Is that for the teams, or the players, that are in the initial team? At least it would make sure, you can´t take the wrong skill (either by choice or mistake).[/quote]

If they are moved they have same access than in stunty leeg. For goblins and haflings if you want to have access to same star players and big guys they need to be transfered, not created in unranked. So all teams still have access to general skills too on big guys.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

bogh wrote:
What about creating teams in U and moving them to stunty? How would that affect skill choices?

I may be quite wrong, but I don't think you can move a team away from Unranked to any other league...
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I may be quite wrong, but I don't think you can move a team away from Unranked to any other league...

That is right. Unranked teams can not be moved.
MagmaBeast

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How about keeping gen acces and just banning tackle and block and maybe pro because we know that this is the problem. Because i don't think anyone would really think that a big guy with strip ball or sure hand is a killing machine:P
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MagmaBeast wrote:
How about keeping gen acces and just banning tackle and block and maybe pro because we know that this is the problem. Because i don't think anyone would really think that a big guy with strip ball or sure hand is a killing machine:P

That would give you testing data for what?
There is no option of big guys ever keeping restricted general access. Remember why this group is set up.
count_zero

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
I'd recommend an honour system... get coaches who can be trusted and get some data that is actually applicable to the problem at hand.

Cheers.

The honor system? I agree that if you prohibit G on doubles, that you won't get a true playtest but I think you'd wind up with a few more "doubles" than you'd expect to find. Even with coaches you trust.

How about running it like tabletop? Set up some organizers who can referee skill rolls and do it w/ the bowlbot in chat?
 Jump to: