77 coaches online • Server time: 22:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rynkky

Post 5 Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I threw bomb that the other player catched but the bomb ignited prematurely (rolled 3). Now what should have happened (according to LRB), the player who catched ball and in whose square the ball exploded should have fallen without roll. Well this, did not happen. Instead the player holding the ball got the roll and survived (rolled 3 again). Below is snippet of the log.

Code:
Select an action for Boom
5: Select an action for Boom
SKILL SELECTED: bomb
5: tackle zone state changed to true
Light fuse roll:
ROLL: 2
The fuse is lit!
Select a target square.
SKILL SELECTED: bomb
Throw BOMB selected.

Secret Weapons: Select a player for interception attempt.
Intercept FINAL RESULT: Buzz
TARGET: 6 --- ROLL: 2 + 0 = 2
The bomb sails unhindered over the head of Buzz.
Throw BOMB selected.
Increased range band because of race.
SHORT PASS
PASS FINAL RESULT: Boom
TARGET: 4 --- ROLL: 2 + 0 = 2
SKILL SELECTED:
Move ended for Boom
Scatter roll: 8
Scatter roll: 4
Scatter roll: 4
Bomb moved to ( 13, 6 )
GET BOMB FINAL RESULT: Buzz
TARGET: 4 --- ROLL: 5 + 0 = 5
Re-throw bomb roll:
ROLL: 3
The bomb explodes prematurely!
Bomb explosion rolls:
ROLL: 3
Buzz manages to dodge the blast.
[Game Saved]
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have the LRB right here with me, but I think if a player catches/intercepts the bomb and tries to rethrow it, a roll is made to see if the bomb "fuse" is gone and the bomb explodes. Otherwise, you could have players throwing around the bomb all game long without it ever going off.

I might be wrong, but I think the re-throw bomb roll is 4+, otherwise it goes off in whoever has it's hands.
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

blizzt95 wrote:
I don't have the LRB right here with me, but I think if a player catches/intercepts the bomb and tries to rethrow it, a roll is made to see if the bomb "fuse" is gone and the bomb explodes. Otherwise, you could have players throwing around the bomb all game long without it ever going off.

I might be wrong, but I think the re-throw bomb roll is 4+, otherwise it goes off in whoever has it's hands.

Problem is not the premature explosion but the result of that. If the bomb explodes in hands, the player holding the bomb should always fall. According to LRB.

Quote:
When the bomb finally does explode – either because a D6 roll is failed or because the bomb has hit the ground and bounced – it knocks over any player in the same square, and knocks over players in adjacent squares on a roll of 4+. Make Armour and Injury rolls for any players knocked over by the blast as normal.
 Jump to: