13 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing with an ogre team in what was a tournament final game. Down 1-0 at half time. Start of the first half... I get a Blitz.. and proceed to fling a halfing downfield.. who runs into the endzone conveniently where the ball is to land. At the end of the blitz action the kickoff lands and is duely caught by my Gobbo. No TD however. I know I can score in another players turn, so why no TD here. My opponent proceeded to blitz my little guy into oblivion before I had time to utter more than "uh isnt that a TD?". Is this a Fumbbl problem or a no TD Blood Bowl problem?
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a known bug. There should be a TD in this case.

M

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

/me knows nothing about the rules.

/me shuts up

/me feels useless

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
/me knows nothing about the rules.

/me shuts up

/me feels useless

Very Happy

/you spams

Is there a way to be credited for this TD. Can the admins edit a file or something? Or we just deal?

edit: splling Rolling Eyes
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be a TD, read this thread too;

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3864
Markus

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is a td until any players action ends. The ball doesn't land before turn one. Cachting is no action. So the turn starts with a ballcarier in the endzone and no action ended. the receiving player could use a blitz to push the ballcarrier out of bounds. it is a td as soon as the first action ends in the first turn of the drive. but this once was debated on tbb: http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15602&highlight=touchdown+endzone+action+frenzy

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that a Halfing turning into a Goblin is a violation of the rules Smile Wink Smile.

Strictly peaking it is no TD, as the LRB has no "catch action". The only actions are Move, Block, Blitz, Pass, Hand off and Foul.
And TDs are awarded only after any player ends an action.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
"A team scores a touchdown when one of their players is
standing in the opposing team’s End Zone while holding
the football at the end of any player's action. As soon as
this happens, play stops, the crowd cheers and whistles
and cheerleaders dance about waving pom-poms.
the Dugout. The coach of the scoring team has our permission to leap
about and cheer a bit too, while moving the score marker
one space along the track on his Dugout."

Copy-pasted straight from the rulebook.

from another thread

implication is yes, its a TD, but wont be awarded due to client
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually there are two different timing of touchdowns in the rules.

During your turn ... you score a TD at the END of any of YOUR player's actions.

During your opponent's turn .. you score AS SOON AS one of your players is holding the ball in the end zone.

So bottom line ... its a bug ... and No ... you don't get a blitz action to hit the player as he scores as soon as the turn started. This is why you cannot Frenzy hit a player for the 2nd block when the first one pushed him in for a TD. Its also why this is an instant TD.

NOW ... I'll FREELY admit that the BBRC could have made sure this was worded better in the LRB 4.0 since this was the intent. The PBBL rulebook is making this even more clear that there are two different timings of TD in the game officially.

Here is the text from the PBBL rulebook which is not new rules for this ... just better clarified ones for how the LRB 4.0 is supposed to work (which is why I'm quoting it here as it is how the LRB 4.0 SHOULD read:

Quote:

PBBL 1.10 page 16
SCORING TOUCHDOWNS IN YOUR TURN
A team scores a touchdown during their turn when one of their players is standing in the opposing team’s End Zone while holding the football at the end of any of your players' actions. As soon as this happens, play stops, the crowd cheers and whistles and cheerleaders dance about waving pom-poms. The coach of the scoring team has our permission to leap about and cheer a bit too, while moving the score marker one space along the scoring track on the Playing Field.

SCORING IN THE OPPONENT’S TURN
In some rare cases a team will score a touchdown in the opponent’s turn. For example, a player holding the ball could be pushed into the End Zone by a block. If this happens then the team scores a touchdown immediately, but must move their Turn marker one space along the Turn track to represent the extra time the players spend celebrating this unusual method of scoring!

Galak
Markus

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The wording in the pbbl 1.10 isn't clear either. It states that a td can be scored in the opponents turn and is giving an example but no rules therefor. It would all be clear if the rules say: A TD in the opponents turn is scored as soon as one of the players is holding the ball in the opponents end zone.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
A TD in the opponents turn is scored as soon as one of the players is holding the ball in the opponents end zone.

Why is the above more clear than:
If this happens then the team scores a touchdown immediately

Just checking ... not opposed to better wording ... just don't see the difference between "as soon as" and "immediately"

Galak
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

SS has the same problem. If you get tackled and sidestep into the endzone there is no TD.
Markus

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl: you sidestep into the endzone and the action of the blocker ends later --> td as soon as the block-action ends. even in lrb.

Galak: my post wasn't entirely clear. my concerns are the following. the rules are giving a single example: being blocked into the endzone. Later they say if that (being blocked into the endzone) happens you score a td. So someone could argue the caught kickoff is not a td as no one was blocked into the endzone. so i agree with you that "immediately" and "as soon as" mean almost the same and doesnt effect the rules, but its more important to state that a player holding the ball in the opponents end zone means scoring in the opponents turn. It's not the wording of the paragraph that is not clear but the fact that a general rule isnt stated.

M

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh ... okay thanks Markus ... that helped.

Try this wording for PBBL 1.11 then:
Quote:
SCORING IN THE OPPONENT’S TURN
In some rare cases a team will score a touchdown in the opponent’s turn. For example, a player holding the ball could be pushed into the End Zone by a block. If one of your players is holding the ball in the opposing team's End Zone at any point during your opponent's turn then your team scores a touchdown immediately, but must move their Turn marker one space along the Turn track to represent the extra time the players spend celebrating this unusual method of scoring!

Does that work? I have room for it.

Galak
Markus

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

scoring is clear now as far as i'm concerned.

What i don't know is if in the rare case that the kickoff is caught by a kicking teams player the receiving team has to move his turn marker as well. pbbl says you have to move the turn marker before taking actions (don't use that term there as actions are not defined as rolling dice or moving). so in the turn no action was taken and there was no need to move the turn marker. this could (very unlikely) result in getting the turns out of sync (kicking team leading 2-0 in its turn 2 first half, receiving team starting turn 1). could need some fixing for the turn sequence. f.e. move the turn marker after scattering but before bouncing the ball; or state that rolling dice for catching the kick-off requiers the recieving player to move the turnmarker before rolling (i don't like either example Wink ).

M

Jump to: