35 coaches online • Server time: 14:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Old Ranked, League &...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oatesb

Post 5 Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I love BB online and was wondering if there is any table top online engines to simulated Warhammer Fantasy or 40k. Any links or information would be great!!!

Thanks
veron

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a simulation of the tabletop game though, but just in case you'd be interested,

http://www.warhammeronline.com/
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There are the commercial games. havent played them though. something Horned rat or summat, and some 40k ones. i would guess that Warhammer is a bit too complex too run on java, too many probabilities.
but, if anyone writes one..... woo hoo.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I know there are offical games out there. I am looking for soething that I can play like I play with the minatures. I don't need anything that does the rules. I just need something that does the basics and sets up the play board and does dice roles and such.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

well, bloodbowl is do-able because its fairly simple, space hulks been done, which is also square based. cant imagine its easy to write a program with an infinite number of choices like Warhammer.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a link to the Space Hulk java game the 'grak mentioned, it uses 2nd editon rules and has all 18 missions. There's other versions out there but this one is the best I've tried. Single player only though.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hulk
oatesb

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks, you have confirmed my lack of finding anything on my own.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

'grak?! 'grak?!!!!!!!!
lol

is their a 2player version of that, i'd be happy to cook your stealertrix ass.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah there were two playstation and PC games based on the Mercenary armies, the first was called Warhammer: Shadow Of The Horned Rat and the second was called Warhammer: Dark Omen. There are also some Epic and 40K pc games, the Epic games are Warhammer 40,000: Final Liberation and Warhammer 40K: Rites Of War and then you have for 40K: Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate and also Dawn Of War.

All these games are fantastic and all very different from the previous, i would strongly recommend finding them even if they aren't online playable, although, dawn of war is mwahaha.

AlanHasek
incantrix

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good 'grak if you find one I'll happily give you a game. Not sure about cooking my stealertrix ass though..mind you I'm sure I read somewhere that Genestealers were kind of selective about the genetic material they harvest so your best bet is to curl up into a ball and hope they don't even register you as a lifeform and mistake you for a talkative barrel or something. I give you about a 50%/50% chance. Razz Just kidding, claim you're bringing a squad of space marines and bring terminators instead you might be in luck! Chaos Gate was cool, Dawn of War looks better but much prefer turn based strategy.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

very good, be careful of splitting your infinitives before a prepostional phrase.. that's all i can think of.