29 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chris2xs

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I'm a newbie, to the site and am having difficulties, getting going.
I've created my team, and the such, and am trying to get into the chat so to try and get a game. BUT. How do I change my client IRC??? I've tried a couple of things and it doesn't work, any help would be appreciated. By the way I'm on a mac.

Cheers Chris2xs
Goris

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

hey , i'm playin "sirog" my last opponent quited the match in the half ??

he played " happy little elves"

wat do i do , is it a concede ??

greetings tom
Revener

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Report it to the admins if he doesn't return to finish the game.
Behavior such as that is usually punished Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

chris2xs wrote:
Hi I'm a newbie, to the site and am having difficulties, getting going.
I've created my team, and the such, and am trying to get into the chat so to try and get a game. BUT. How do I change my client IRC??? I've tried a couple of things and it doesn't work, any help would be appreciated. By the way I'm on a mac.

Cheers Chris2xs

Well, first question is what IRC client are you using? When you refer to 'the client' above, I assume you mean JavaBBowl itself, and that's not used for IRC, it just has in-game chat to use once you get that far.

The User Guide has a suggestion for an IRC client (Ircle, in this case) and instructions on how to set it up. That's what I use. Also, you can try the browser-based chat.

Good luck and hope to see you in there.

Goris wrote:
hey , i'm playin "sirog" my last opponent quited the match in the half ??

he played " happy little elves"

wat do i do , is it a concede ??

greetings tom

It's all in the rules. You did read the rules, didn't you?

Just to sum up for you, you have to wait 15 minutes for your opponent to show up in case he just list his connection or something. If he doesn't show up, send him a PM and either offer to finish the game or call it off, at your discretion. If you don't get it in within 24 hours, the game is just called off.

No spps, no win, no concession, nothing. Why? There are lots of valid reasons that have been discussed to death. Search the forums and you'll find plenty.

If you suspect that your opponent dropped on purpose to avoid losing or save a dead player, then report it to the admins. This is very important as this is the only way they have of catching cheaters. Just because you report him does not mean he's instantly banned, but if someone does that, they probably do it a lot and this will get him banned. Also, don't play the schmuck again, if you believe it is intentional.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers BMrM. for the help I'm hooked up into the chat, looking for my first opponent, hopefully I'll get a game soon.
Cheers again for the help.
Chris2xs
chris2xs

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers BMrM. for the help I'm hooked up into the chat, looking for my first opponent, hopefully I'll get a game soon.
Cheers again for the help.
Chris2xs
 Jump to: