64 coaches online • Server time: 20:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If this happned you would start to see a lot more PO killer teams designed to collect bounty... not caring if they win or getting humped 6-0 but as long as they kill a certain player that is their goal. Not a nice goal and it sure would make a lot of coaches not play you again if you tried only to kill his player by fouling him every turn ad using PO RSC on him at all costs. this takes fun out of the game (except for those of you who delight in killing someones team...). Its not that i care about my teams... i just want the fun of somebody trying to win against me rather than kill all my players...
Niiv

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say that the idea of transfers is quite an appealing one Smile It would add a more lifelike feel to the game. Furthermore i think that it would only have the desired effect if combined with ally-rules...interesting.

On the other hand it must be considered a fact that the FUMBBL is not a "serious" BB-"league"...it is...erm...a silly place full of conceptteams with players called for instance BANG, SMoke 'em or something like it, which says a great deal about how far FUMBBLers would be willing to go to get the all ST elf team or all AG orc team. Ally/transfers will only work in leagues where the gamers are determined, stuck with their team, and where the commishes have got a firmer grip on things than in FUmbbl, and perhaps where the atmosphere is more "roleplaylike" than "Ijust wanna smash up a lot of dem green thingies-like"...right?

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni: I know some coaches would boost their teams to kill players, but there are already slayers in the league.

The bounty system would only mean that during some games, some coaches would be much more aggressive.

And normally, a boutied player is very annoying: one-turner, PO/RSC, 2x a stat advance, etc.

One more thing about Free Agents: PLayers with 2 doubles or stats increase could not be put on the Free Agent List!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2003 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with Ug. If we keep it at 1,000, then it would only be a funny element, and it would not be worth cheating with.
 Jump to: