15 coaches online • Server time: 03:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should this Night goblin team be added to the stunty league for more fun and mayhem!
Yes!
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
No...
16%
 16%  [ 18 ]
I dont like stunty but i want to vote anyway!
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 110

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

as a humble user of fumbbl i feel it is time to swallow pride and accept the fact that the roster is overpowered. when i think about it squighoppers would be a lot of fun! why? they seem like very tempting ball carriers with ag4 and all but what happens when you roll OFAB 3 squares from the line and you have to run back and eat some poor gobbo! the roster that mr-klipp is proposing is still a very fun roster to play with which will also be a very unpredictable one too! his roster is also sensible and very different to what we are currently used to in stunty! id love to see any form of squigs in stunty so i will side with mr-klipp!
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

what happens when you roll OFAB 3 squares from the line

you can still move in and score the TD... I think that's one of the major problems with the hoppers, they can be 10 squares from the line and score a TD on a bunch of 2+ rolls even if OFAB hits and you've got re-rolls for those GFIs

On another note, I don't think it's about siding with Klipp or not. It's about finding a balanced and interesting roster that people are happy with. The problem i saw in the alternate roster was that it seemed unblanced, untested and unpopular.

as I said numerous times I wanted to playtest this roster more before it got posted, but SOMEONE went and posted it anyway. Wink

I've been playtesting with BOTH rosters and honestly the hoppers IMO seem overpowered, perhaps with AG3 and 2 heads they might be better?

I think klipps comments earlier about not simply making goblins+ was a very valid point. however we also need something that operates in a different fashion to the vanilla gob team so as to be... well... different! Soooo.... what we need to find (through further discussion and playtesting) is something that is equivalent to a pair of trolls but completely different. IMO 3 squigs, 2 fanatics and an increased re-roll cost are. Granted you get more high str players and a greter capacity to do damage initially but there are major drawbacks OFAB, random movement, low armour, penalty rolls AND the ability to damage your own team mates (both the fanatics and the squigs). This team does do more damae than a standard goblin team but it also takes more damage too! IMHO, from the testing I have done this seems balanced. However the fact that there is more discussion means that others, from their own testing of the rosters I assume, disagree. This is not a bad thing. I am very happy to further develop ideas and stuff.

So I'm going to spend the better part of tomorrow testing night goblin rosters, if anyone cares to join me they can find me in chat!

In other news what's the chance of the goblin cheaters getting their hands on the Doom Diver???

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Brownrob, I've tested both rosters (a bit) and they're both great fun to play, so Whatever form they take lets get the Night Goblins in to Stunty.They'll be a breath of fresh(ish) air
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I just playtested the one with thralls, fanatics, and squigs. Of course, some really unlucky rolls screwed over my game, so we are going at it again, but I think it is fair, except that squigs should change from MA 6 to MA 4...

Z
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a bit against some cheaters with aloneandburned, with

2 Fana
3 Squigs
6 Gobs
4 Re-rolls
FF9

playing a team that doesn't have big guys means the squigs dominated quite a bit. These are some alterations we discussed

Squigs go to MV4 (they still have pogo, so can cover generous amount of ground) and/or go to Str 3, the fact they can get a 3 dice block with one assist is a bit much.

also re-rolls should be 70k

Last edited by cataphract on %b %02, %2003 - %06:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

AloneandBurned and I played a second game, same rosters... this time a completely different story.

knowing full well what the squigs were capable of, he swamped them, chainsaws a plenty, with the AV7 they dropped like flies, he scored and the night gobbos were left with 3 goblins and a squig halfway through the first half!

we had a drop out at T4 second half but at this point the cheaters were up 2-0 and there had been 5 deaths (1 cardiac arrested fanatic a piece, 1 night goblin and 2 goblins)

bombs work a treat against players with no hands! no chance of them catching it and throwing it back!

I think now that the strength of squigs should definitely stay at 4 but the movement should be lowered, 4 or 5...

need to test more against some big guy teams!

But at the moment i think the roster should read

0-16 NG
0-3 Squigs (with M 5 price is the same)
0-2 Fanatics

RR 70k

forget the netters and doom divers!

the team is make or break, if it can do damage early it has a good chance of running the ball up field, if it gets hit hard and then cops some penalty rolls it gets slaughtered!

also everyplayer on the team is fragile, which would suggest a high player turnver, I don't see many squigs getting past 2 skills

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It was fun to play against, especially with a weaker team [relatively] like Cheaters. The lack of a BG really hurt, as the Squigs racked up 3 or 4 casualties amongst them, and causing several stuns/KOs. However, they are not god, since a well placed DP kick sent one off ASAP, and a chainsaw to the ... err... mouth, sent another off for 3 setups... This team shows promise. If released I will definitely make one... as long as the squigs are changed to MA4...

Z
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

played against skinks, lost 3-1... first half scoreless a few cas on both sides one dead fanatic and a dead goblin... all the squigs got sent off at half time leaving me with 3 goblins and a fanatic and I was kicking through some amazing goblin inja work I was able to just run forward pick it up and dodge over the line... then the fanatic got sent off... then all the goblins got KOed... then he scored 3 times...

fun as hell tho!

I'm more solid in thinking squigs should stay as is but with M5 or possibly 4

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ok some time has passed and a clear majority of people would like to see night gobs in stunty! personally i dont mind what form they take, i just want to see them mixing it up in stunty leeg! Mr-Klipps roster plays great as i have tested them out a bit but im not a great player so that might mean much. i liked the roster at the beginning of this topic too but as Mr-Klipp has the final say so im sure a lot of people would like to hear what the decision is
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think u should be more wise and first try to balance the existing teams instead of just creating loads of new ones... Faeries, C Halflings are alot weaker compared to other teams cuz of new changes.... Minos suck, and Hypnotic Gaze is a joke to them faeries...
If this goes on we will have dozens of stunty teams with only about 2 or 3 real competitive ones.

I like the night gobbos idea... dunno if the rooster is ok cuz it needs testing, plus i think there is an abuse of randomness, random is fun but makes a game too much luck involved in a game that already is too much.
 Jump to: