20 coaches online • Server time: 08:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

Unxerxes

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention a ag5-leaping one-turner... hardly a chance to stop him

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

clockbob wrote:
The only 1 turner that dosn t deserve a foul is a ttm one tunrer. those are the coolest

Well, they tend to sort themselves out all on their own...Long Live the Flying Block Surprise!

Twisted Evil
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody seems to complain about Goblins, and to a lesser extent, Halflings, who START with a fresh TR100 team with one turners. Granted, the odds of successfully pulling off a gobbo/'fling one turner are fairly low, but when it gets pulled off... Beauty!

My Skaven team has a 1-turner, and a second GR that's on his way to becoming one, because the first has -AV, and so I'm expecting him to die fairly soon, if I can't retire him first.
I've also got a GR Blitzer, with block and strip ball so far. I'll probably develop a fourth as the one to cause havoc in the team lines.

I agree that they are point sinks, and should be replaced regularly to keep a team viable, but there's nothing wrong with having them. It's like those teams that have a single dirty player, and only use it as insurance. If your opponent starts playing rough, bring out the DP. If you need the a quick touchdown to give you the edge, bright out the 1-turner.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul 1 turners
Foul Treemen
Foul wardancers
Foul Linemen
Foul Zombies

I dont care what it is, my undead will foul it! Fouling experienced players is more fun when you kill them especially 1 turners but i also enjoy killing ag 4 beastmen Smile
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the senseless turn 8 foul against skillless Flings!

You owe it to the fans!
Loof

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont get all this irritation with one turners, only time its realy advantageous to score in one turn is when you only have one turn left. I mean making a early oneturner against a slow team just gives the slow team more time to score.
Also i think what makes oneturners usefull isnt that the other team is stronger of anything like that... its because stalling is a part of the game. And as long as stalling is part of the game, oneturners are needed for fast teams to be able to win a game where no drive fails...
Anyway to sum up i dont get the big deal with this, and have no problem with either stalling or oneturners.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Not to mention a ag5-leaping one-turner... hardly a chance to stop him

uhm... I'll make a one-turner out of my GR, then... He's an AG5-leaping skaven... Laughing

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're facing a 1 turner and you know it, spread you defense and hope for tackle. Personally, I'm tired of elves dancing through ant D with dodge. I'm tired of Amazons always getting POWs when I only get PUSH/POWs that doesn't affect zons.......Tactics are the tools you use to achieve your goal, be it winning, ot be it cramming your opponent's dead broken bodies into the pitch.

Mac