19 coaches online • Server time: 02:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings everyone!

Thought I'd better start a forum thread so we can all keep up with the latest happenings in the World Champion's Cup.

Here's recent news so far...

Firstly, I've decided to include the Spanish League in this running of the World Champion's Cup and, as this takes us to 5 teams, we'll have the two weakest (in terms of TR) play off against each other to qulaify for the final 4, which will then just progress in the standard straight KO way.

Secondly, controversy is raging in Denmark at the moment as some of their coaches are voicing their protests against this here Cup. A Pool is being run to see if they will take part at all and, although it looks good at the moment, if they're not, we'll cancel the qualifying match and just go to a straight KO now (random draw).
The matter will be decided within the next day or so and Hovring will let us know how it stands...

So, for now, we're on hold for a day or two...
Once we do get into the action, be sure to post scheduled match times and whatnot here so the affected countries and anyone else interested can come down to the match to spectate! Smile

I hope everyone knows now what has to be done to get these games working. All the League Commissioners have been made staffers for the Group and can all replace teams in the schedule when needed.

Goooo Aussies!! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
neverborn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The spanish coach, Chapass messaged me at 3am and 6am (Sydney time) to ask for the game to be played...

hopefully he is online more often than this, but we are currently trying to get a time that we can play the first game in the WORLD CHAMPION'S CUP!~!!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Danes are not happy, may I remind them that it is their duty to play the Aussies to celebrate the impending Royal Wedding between the two countries...

I can't believe they are unhappy about the world cup! What would the Prince say!
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hold off on it for a little bit though, until we get word from Hovring and his Danes...

quota

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I can't believe they are unhappy about the world cup! What would the Prince say!

I don't think he plays BB.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

LOL!

Borderline Treason I reckon... Wink

Twahn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaniards knock over Host Nation in a tight struggle between these two understrength Champions. That's it, the Aussie's are out of the Cup... who's idea was all this nonsense anyway? Razz

I've set up the final four group so y'all can feel free to get stuck into them games! Enjoy!!

The SWL will be back next year, and this time, we'll have a worthy Champion! Smile

Jump to: