22 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is TEAM STRENGHT relevent???
Yes, it is the most important thing, even more then TR
62%
 62%  [ 72 ]
Yes, but only out of curiosity
16%
 16%  [ 19 ]
No, not really. Does not affect my choice of game/opponent
18%
 18%  [ 22 ]
Not sure
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 116

Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

so then, why do some people refer to TS as if it was the best thing in the world, something more reliable then faith or something???
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Because the majority of people in this world are ignorant

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

TS can be flawed sometimes, but far less than TR...

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Because the majority of people in this world are ignorant (Mully)

I cannot do anything else then agree more to that!!! People don t seek out challenge, they want easy win so they can brag about it! and specially feel good about themselves.
mymLaban

Post 14 Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What he said.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

relevance of TS:
#1 it determines if a Ranked game will upload. So please don't ignore it.

#2 it is the quickest way to determine if the game could be a worthy challenge. Launching a full investigation of the team's sheet, coach ranking, etc may give a more accurate assessment, but takes awhile.

I use it as the main guage for accepting and offering games. Some times I won't even check the opponent's team. I still trust the TS system. The main reason I place faith into it is so I don't chicken out of games often,...or take 10 minutes to make a decision. One time my Rotters were challenged by a chaos team that had SEVEN claws (to my one). Had I checked his team I would have gotten cold feet and declined (esp with no apoth). But the TS were roughly equal so I accepted. In the end, my one claw did 3 CAS to 0 CAS from his 7claws and managed to win on turn 8....probably my best game with Rotters to date....and it would have never happened had I interviewed his team.

I would however disagree that TR determines if the coach manages his team well. Some teams are more prone to injuries than others and therefore naturally have lower TR. Additionally some ppl know when to drop dead wieght before others do.

I judge a coach's abilities on how often he wins against a myriad types of teams. I'm unimpressed by elves that cherrypick other light weights in dirty playerless/dwarfless games until they get 250 TR...that's not an accomplishment. In my book, a team/coach is only as good as the opponents/teams they play against. Your match record is where you gain my respect.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Stranght works fine to me.

Most of the times it gives me a hint about how hard the game will be.... and I have found that it is much more accurate than TR in judging the toughness of the challenge.

More than this: TS higher than TR usually (please don't flame me about this...) indicates a good coach, who is able to choose the right skills and is wise enough to retire a player which is too injured to be valuable for the team.
Basically, I can say that I usually look at the TS value to see if I am about to face an healthy team or an opponent with some major flaws. Would those be injuries or bad skills choices.

TS is not perfect at all, but I suppose everybody would agree that TR is not any better.

Just my 2 pence. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

But should players rely ONLY on that to decide whether or not to accept a challenge???
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

y dont u just look at there roster and look at there skills

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

No they shouldn´t.
I believe one should start to look at TR compared to TS. If ur TR is 208 and TS is 136 then u know there´s a lot of M´s.
If they´re roughly the same, I allways rely on TR. Besides I know that the coach is FAR more important than the team.
A good coach with a TR 130 team, can defeat a bad coach with TR 200.
And the teams "basics", can also alter the game.
That too has a lot to say, most Amazones will come to an end against, say a Dwarf team.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

jus look at the roster rather then having a guess at what state his team in it dont take long.........

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

therefor, i hope that some people, relying solely on the TS will read some of the tread and realize that it is not THE solution i getting matchup....there are other things to look for...
 Jump to: