65 coaches online • Server time: 15:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a mildly successful high elven team. Losing record, but advanced to TR 200+ with very few injuries. I should be satisfied with this team, yet I'm not--it just doesn't interest me in playing anymore. I'm not asking for advice on whether to keep it or not--I'm going to transfer the team to tournament division, just in case I get interested in playing it again down the road, to make room in ranked for a new team--but my question is this:

Have you ever had a team which others might wish to take over, but you simply weren't interested anymore? Perhaps your favorite player was lost, or your FF dropped too low to support such a high-ranking team, or maybe like me you simply grew bored with the team and wanted to try something different. Don't list teams which got destroyed to unplayability; I'm referring to otherwise good teams which get scrapped. (Preferably not after the first game or two either, but after a good dozen plus at least.)
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually get bored with playing matches around TR200. A team has to have some real characteristics for me to continue playing them after that... Smile
Squaq

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules are designed to make teams borring (harder) to coach after tr 200+. You are not allowed to make a team that develops to tr 600+

Guess that team-peak-performance is around tr 250-280

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, same here MickeX. I suppose that's why my chaos team is the only one to survive as long as it has. Gotta have respect for players like Gitzbang who have many teams over 200TR+ who have played a lot of games and just keep going.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I suffer A.D.D. when it comes to my teams as well. Pretty much as soon as they get around 200 TR or so I generally retire em. Half the fun for me is coming up with a teams theme and matching pictures and seeing the reactions of other people.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the team. If I could get a woodelf team to survive long enough to hit TR 200+ i'm sure I'd carry them on.

Blocking teams dont have the same lifespan for me simply because they don't have the capability that AG teams do for silly stunts.

Once you've killed one team you've killed 'em all!

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i retired my rotters, though they were successful (7/1/3) cause i was just bored with them, and didn't enjoy playing matches anymore... the same often goes for my elf teams...

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe........I retire them when no one will play them... the key is to reitire at the peak so everyone remebers...not after when they are forgotten Wink

well thats my motto....but i keep retiring after they peak or before,,,,, so have no legends yet.;]

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh funny thing to stumble over this thread. Ive been thinking about retiring my Amazons in Ranked, because of the fact they bore me. Theyre a pretty good tema, almost all of em are blodgers now, and they have a decent win ratio 10/4/5. Its just that all the players are so alike, theres no variation in the play or the players. Gonna do what u did and move em to Unranked, make room for something else.
 Jump to: