35 coaches online • Server time: 08:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeMoorck

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2009 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

We need the speed freak tourneys again! Those we're cool.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2009 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We need a speed freak minor event. Maybe with abit more relaxed rules (1min turn time and 15 min time bank).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
We need a speed freak minor event. Maybe with abit more relaxed rules (1min turn time and 15 min time bank).

The advantage of speed freak tournies is that you can get a whole bunch of games done in 2-3 hours (and they're fun). Having to schedule those games would kind of lose some of the bite of the format. Ideally we could revive the concept of "Speed Freak Sunday" and have a set time and day where everyone turned up to play in a large swiss tourney or something.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno.. I see it as a way to diversify ranked tourneys even more..
darkside2er

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing to say in regards to BB running faster via the client. I find that the majority of my turn time is used in thinking and planning the turn out. I use that time to consider the rules and how they will effect my actions. my opponent might see me click through most of my team checking out how the initially available blocks will work. sometimes this process is relatively simple and obvious, taking only 15-30 seconds. sometimes this takes a minute or more. and occasionally i can see my path of action instantly. I used to be faster before a long hiatus, and I know I am slower. however I do not expect the client to do the work for me, and believe that one of the marks of a great coach (which I am not) is the ability to consider the game rules and act upon them, rather than rely upon the crutch that is the JBBL client (amasing a thing that it is)
Plorg

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If it takes you more than a month to respond to a thread,
please note that in your bio so we can ninja your necros.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SFC minors!!!! or Majors!!!
 Jump to: