51 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lawman

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's got the best BBR?

Mine is 157/165.

f0rd has the best combo at 170/170.

PC/Azure are not far behind.

Those are pretty good numbers facoring in that in those cases they get premium matchups everytime.

Anyone outside the top 10 with a BBR over 175 and a win rating over 165?
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I could lie, and you would never know!

However, is having a high BBR a good thing? Obviously BWR is all teh good...

Oscar Wilde
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BBR is abit depending on which races you play and how you play them. BWR seems alot more interesting if you are into measuring skills. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some good elfballers out there with high BWR and very low BBR.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
BBR is abit depending on which races you play and how you play them. BWR seems alot more interesting if you are into measuring skills. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some good elfballers out there with high BWR and very low BBR.

Which essentially means BBR is..a bit depending on which races you play and how you play them Smile
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

I think CircularLogic is a good example of a coach with an insane BWR and a modest BBR.

BBR is a neat idea, but I don't think it's much of an achievement when compared to BWR. I'll never complain about having to many statistics though.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

BBR is a fairly pointless statistic, although there may be some that get off on that kind of thing.

At one point, when I was almost purely playing Rats, I had a BWR of about 175 and a BBR of 129.

When the first major came around, I knocked up a quick Orc team and my BBR shot up over 150.

Now I am back playing Rats and Elves again, my BBR is back under 140.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BBR is more a sign of which races you play, then how much you focus on hurting skills, then how good you are at maximizing blocks and denying good fouls against you.

So all in all, it`s more an indicator of style than skill, especially regarding the history of BBR. A high BBR was a rather a bad sign in the old days, as it meant the bowlbot would pair you at a disadvantage. It was introduced to discourage 'Loved by elephants' style of teams. However, when the scheduling adjustment for BWR was dropped, it was dropped for BBR, too so now its more of a relict.
 Jump to: