46 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matzonaut

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Don´t know if anyone has asked this before, but here you go: Back in the nineties a Blood Bowl computer game in DOS existed, which was a nice, direct transfer of the board game to the computer. Does anyone know if a new version of this game is planned by Games Workshop? Would be nice to have this as a single player game. I already tested Chaos League, but it´s not the same; real time just doesn´t cut it for me.

Any answers welcome!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Why charge £30 for a computer game when they can just charge you loads of cash for the models?

Nah not going to happen.

And you can play fumbbl single player anyway - just select 'standalone' on the client and download the teams you want.

Hours of fun Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There is one in the works. Google is your friend.
Matzonaut

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Monty - are you talking about a turn-based Blood Bowl game? I already noticed the Chaos League game, which is based on Blood Bowl, but plays in real-time, which isn´t that cool at all. If there is a turn-based game out there, please tell me where to find it! Thx in advance...
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no other turn-based single-player versions. There are multiplayer turn-based versions, such as JavaBB or the PBEM client, and there is already one realtime version (Chaos League) and another in production (Blood Bowl).

As has been discussed elsewhere on this board, AI would be the problem. By the time you construct a failsafe playbook for each race, JJ would have changed the rules agian anyway Very Happy
Matzonaut

Post 12 Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you´re probably right. Confused But a single-player game would be so nice....... Rolling Eyes
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play single player on fumbbl!

As said above, select stand alone, but I also find it helps add to the realism if you turn your monitor upside down when you play "the other teams" turns Razz
 Jump to: