66 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont presume that any of my suggestions will actualy be appoved. I am not suppriced he didnt like your ideas this time as he didnt like the split of FA and that was an integral part of those team lists. Anyway, I dont take it personal when people disagree with me on boards. It can be anoying sometimes, but you have to accept it or else move on.
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes a follow up with what may be the final version of the Nurgle Rotters team :

NURGLE TEAMS
0-12 Rotter 40,000 5 3 3 8 G Decay
0-4 Pestigors 80,000 6 3 3 8 Regenerate, Horns GS
0-4 Nurgle Warrior 110,000 4 4 2 9 Foul Appearance, Regenerate GS
0-1 Beast of Nurgle 140,000 4 5 1 9 Foul Appearance, Loner, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Tentacles S

SPECIAL RULES
All players may take a Mutation as a new skill if they roll a double on the Improvement table. A Nurgle team may not have an apothecary. Instead, if an opposing player of starting Strength 4 or less that does not have Regeneration or Stunty is killed during a blocking or fouling action, then he is crossed off the opposing team roster as normal, but the Nurgle team may add a new Rotter for free after the game when updating the team roster.

NEW SKILL:
Decay (Extraordinary): When this player suffers an injury and the roll on the Serious Injury table (see 4.3) is between 11 and 38, he suffers an injury of -1 AV in addition to any other effects. If this would lower the player's AV to 3 points less than its starting value, the player dissolves into goo and is considered Dead!
Bardurnon

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the idea of Decay and -1 AV with the price drop to give the Plague Zombies short careers.

I've discussed Chaos Bloodbowl teams with a group of friends, and we have concluded that Mark of Chaos team MUST include Daemons.

NEW SKILL:

Daemonic (Race): The player is made from daemonic energy which gives the player a resistance to non-magical attacks.
The player is considered to have Tough and Regenerate, to represent it's ability to absorb or repel mortal attacks. The player is linked to the Realm of Chaos and sometimes the Daemon is pulled back into the void, either because the Daemon has ventured too far from the portal or a magician in the crowd has cast the creature back. The player is unstable and has a 10+ penalty roll, exactly like a secret weapon.

For example:

Plaguebearer: (0-2)

6 4 3 8 ; Daemonic (Tough, Regenerate, Secret Weapon), Foul Appearance, Horns. (GSM)

Daemons have such good stats that they have to be cheating! To show this they need to pass Instability, but this isn't a big enough counterbalance, so the price is 140k for Plaguebearer?

Personally I think Av 8 is too high for a Daemon as they wear little armour, but it suits the hardiness of Plaguebearers well. I think the Plaguebearers need agility 3 + Horns to make them the ball carriers/blitzers.

0-12 Rotter 40,000 5 3 3 8 Decay G
0-2 Plague Bearers 6 4 3 8 Daemonic, Horns, Foul Appearance GS
0-4 Nurgle Warrior 110,000 4 4 2 9 Foul Appearance, Regenerate GS
0-1 Beast of Nurgle 140,000 4 5 1 9 Foul Appearance, Loner, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Tentacles S

Please don't be over critical of my suggestion. It will make Daemon teams stronger (as they should be) but unstable (as they should be as well). XD

Maybe they are too good? (9+ Penalty roll? More Expensive? Less AV? Get rid of Tough?)
Maybe they are too expensive for what they're worth? (0-4 instead? Make them meaner? MB, Claw, Stab? Heavier AV?)
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Znail wrote:
The free guy is only worth 40k when you get him, soon he will only be worth 30k, then 20k, then 10k. And do you realy want to field lots of guys with AV 6 or less? If you want to get new ones to replace the ones with too low armor then its a 40k loss each.

a players price does not go down when stats go down.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Bardurnon Penalty rolls have been removed in the vault so putting them on your players is not a good idea (in the vault Secret weapons can be fielded for 1 drive)
Znail

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
Znail wrote:
The free guy is only worth 40k when you get him, soon he will only be worth 30k, then 20k, then 10k. And do you realy want to field lots of guys with AV 6 or less? If you want to get new ones to replace the ones with too low armor then its a 40k loss each.

a players price does not go down when stats go down.

No the price does not go down, but his value to the team goes down. Do you somehow see an advantage in having a guy who is priced as 40k but with the stats of 30k? It just brings up your team rating for no actual benifit.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wyh not simply disallow the opponent to use his apo on a RIP caused by the rotters?
As I get it, a RIP-Result is treated as an infection with the Rot and the Rot is unhealable... This way the Rotters wouldn´t suffer so hard from the lack of an apo and would get players more frequently...

Oh.. and I would favour the idea that every player that is recruited this way would get -1MA and -1 AG keeps all skills but gains "The Rot".
Players with the Rot have to make a 4+ roll after each game and when they get cas´ed.
On 4+ their bodies can handle the exertion and nothing happens. On a roll of 1-3 they loose a point of AV.
This way you get nice players, but not for long.. though I would take away the Pestigors from such a rooster.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it here a risk that opponent refuses to play nurgle teams? Of course BloodBowl is not meant to be played on fumbbl but on tabletop....
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
Welcome to the Vault, Znail! You'll find getting Galak to approve anything you propose very difficult.
Of course the irony here with this comment is that I liked Znail's roster make-up if not the special rules and that's what ended up in 1.6. So Znail was a big contributor to the new team design.

m0nty wrote:
Don't criticise him openly, however, because you'll no doubt get a long email from him detailing how hard he works and how ungrateful you are.

If you hate the direct emails m0nty ... you could have just said so directly to me. I only email folks who would welcome the debate/conversation. I'll abstain from email contacting you again just like I've stopped emailing Dark Lord.

Galak
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take it so hard, Galak, m0nty knows your heart is in the right place. You're just thorough, that's all (and your hard work is appreciated); it's a million miles away from the disgraceful behaviour of Dark Lord, who's ranting I was reading open-mouthed yesterday on TBB. If he ever shows up here, we'll be sure to ask him "Who the hell are you?" Evil or Very Mad

Znail, well done on making a major contribution to BB. The new roster looks good. I'd love it in DivX right now, but for the lack of special rules.
Korso

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Somehow I like the first suggestion for the roster, don't have any special opinion why (except that I simply like it the most).
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The new Vault roster looks good.

Kudos on finding an easy to implement decay trait, and on a roster that looks different from Chaos yet similar to the current Rotter team, and should probably be balanced.