12 coaches online • Server time: 06:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My rookie Adept of Sotek rolled a double. This is the team. All fairly standard. Now there are some obvious choices, like tackle, block or kick as well as Multiple Block.

What I'm wondering though, can you combine jump up and multiple block? (And stab as well, though I figure that shouldn't be a problem as you can jump up + stab). I've searched for the answer but couldn't find a conclusive answer.
That would make multiple block an excellent choice, if not, it might be worth taking tackle.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Multiple block is amazing with them stabbers even if that doesn´t work. Tell us when you got your second skill if it did work. Still very good skill choices.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSyron wrote:
My rookie Adept of Sotek rolled a double. This is the team. All fairly standard. Now there are some obvious choices, like tackle, block or kick as well as Multiple Block.

What I'm wondering though, can you combine jump up and multiple block? (And stab as well, though I figure that shouldn't be a problem as you can jump up + stab). I've searched for the answer but couldn't find a conclusive answer.
That would make multiple block an excellent choice, if not, it might be worth taking tackle.

Yeah should work, try it out in test mode.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I just re-read the rules, and according to them, it's possible.

Jump Up allows you to declare a Block Action while Prone, while Multiple Block states that at the start of a Block Action, a player may choose to throw blocks against two adjacent opponents (adjacent to the blocking player, not to themselves, that is).

And as you can combine Jump Up and Stab as well as Multiple Block and Stab, and - as stated above - Jump Up and Multiple Block, combining all three should be no problem (although if the client actually lets you combine them I have no idea).
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I'll give it go, as you said, even if it doesn't work it's still a good choice.

I was just hesistant because I already have a player like this (on another team) and I haven't managed to use it to its full potential. I just have to get better at it, I suppose!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

multistab is nice, but it's pretty rare to be able to use it other than on the LoS. With jumpup (and sidestep) however, this becomes much more likely.

Jump to: