71 coaches online • Server time: 23:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Undeads were my first table top team.
They are a great starter team & w/ regeneration they are very durable.
You get a bit of everything w/ them in today's game.

Mighty Blow
Block
Dodge
High Strength
Speed
& access to all skill categories aside from mutations.
What's NOT to like! =)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't stand Undead but I approve of the messages above.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grot2go79 wrote:
it may sound stupid but what does tv stand for and since i cant find models for undead what is the best option for getting models for the team?

I have at least 1 Unopened Box of Undead Blood Bowl Players I would be willing to sell and ship... might even be able to throw in enough extras to fill out a full squad idk. I will have to figure out what price I would sell for... it has been some time since I knew roughly what they are worth. If interested send me a PM.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead and Orcs are probably the best 2 teams for a beginner coach to learn and use properly. Most of their tactics are fairly straight forward basic Blood Bowl. Since you want to be different I do think Undead is the way to go.

In the league you are in you want Zombies... not Skeletons. You need the durable AV8 punching bags a Zombie can be. AV7 is a bit fragile. Your Ghouls start with Dodge and can get Block after earning just 6 SPPS... players with both Block and Dodge (aka Blodge) are hard to knock down and injure (unless your opponents have Tackle). Except for the Dorfs in your league most of the teams will probably not choose Tackle. So you will be able to use Dodge to your advantage in many situations.

I suggest you start a team here and play as many Humans and Orcs and a few Dorfs as you can find on Gamefinder. Best of luck.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I would recommend dark elves. They're good against anything, and for your league, it's nice they're so different. You already have bashers in the orcs and dwarves, and tweeners in the humans.
Adding undead would be adding another tweener. You want agile, but with so much potential Mb around, you don't want AV7.

If you want less fun and more killing, you could consider playing something with SM (strenght and mutation skills) access (chaos, nurgle, chaos dwarves, chaos pact, underworld, lucky necromantic). A certain couple of skills from those two categories combined can wreak havoc on orcs, dwarves, and humans. Given how little tackle you will need, especially chaos or nurgle would probably dominate that league after skilling up a bit.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:
Khemri or undead seem to be a good starting teams. Bashy and fun. Elves win alot so must be something in it! Orcs generally suck - mine usually get outbashed by Elves and Skaven.

not khemri
I'd say undead, orcs or humans
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a box of pink horrors and a box of flamers sitting around the house could i use them to convert in making a undead or necro team?
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like that would be up to your group. Generally our group always opts for miniatures that were designed for that unit/player/army and so-forth but if you do some great conversions that look like undead I don't see why not?

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming it's the modern plastic minis that you have, build the Horrors with only 2 arms and no tails or tentacles, then they'd be fine as Ghouls. I can't really see a use for the flamers unless you were going with a really different look than the traditional one.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

use anything. As I said, Lego works perfectly well. Also dont use necro. they are a far more advanced team than undead. When starting out undead is clearly the winner.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro rock. Go necro!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Necro rock. Go necro!

Not orcs? Very Happy
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Grot2go79 wrote:
it may sound stupid but what does tv stand for and since i cant find models for undead what is the best option for getting models for the team?

I have at least 1 Unopened Box of Undead Blood Bowl Players I would be willing to sell and ship... might even be able to throw in enough extras to fill out a full squad idk. I will have to figure out what price I would sell for... it has been some time since I knew roughly what they are worth. If interested send me a PM.

i sent ya a pm!!!
 Jump to: