32 coaches online • Server time: 14:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
theDestroyer808

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a short tournament coming up and I think Ill go Dark Elves. We get to start with 6 skills one max per player, no extra for stars. Im wondering what are some good choices one is allowed to be a double roll?
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you take the same skill multiple times? Depending on your reliance on rerolls then a Leader Runner is an easy way to save money on the team setup. Dodge on Blitzers and Block/Wrestle Witch Elves would be my suggestion. Double could be MB or Guard on a Blitzer, or to be honest you could just take another Blodger if rules allow?

Slightly fruitier choices could include Leaping Assassins on a single or Multiblock on a double. Bit too dicey for me but if you fancy something different both are good fun!

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

3 blitzers with dodge, 1 blitzer with guard, 1 kicking lineman, 1 DP lineman, 2 rerolls

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

dont want to face zons then...

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

2 dodge, 1 mb and 1 tackle blitzers
1 wrestle and 1 kick lino

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For a tourney you probably want a blodge or wrodge witch.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Can only take the same skill 4 times. I was thinking 4 Blitzers with Tackle, 4 lineman with Block, 1 lineman with guard and Rakarth. I figured with Ag 4 ball handling is good enough and can keep away from the tougher ones with my move. Get a good blitz each round and can win a block war against most teams. Any ideas?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

theDestroyer808 wrote:
We get to start with 6 skills one max per player, no extra for stars. Im wondering what are some good choices one is allowed to be a double roll?

Man, expect to see some lean, mean Lizard teams. :/

For Delfs, you want to play to their strengths, and that's Dodge. So at least a couple/few Blodge Blitzers - just too strong. One Kick for that fun (be sure to choose to kick in the first half if you get the option), and either a Guard or MB (depending if you want to lean toward position or the Bash - I'd go Guard). A DP would be playing the odds and not position, but in a short tourney and vs. low AV it should(!) pay off as well or better than MB.

Any Witch means 2 RR, which is adequate if you stay disciplined and let your oppo make the mistakes, but only 3 Blitzers is the part of the tradeoff that you should consider - you're losing a MA 7, AV 8 Blocker for her. Wrestle makes the better sweeper, Block is the better surfer/survivor - dealer's choice there.

No assassins(!), and a Runner only if you insist (not particularly recommended - more of a theoretical threat than a reality, and vulnerable on Defense).

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
albinv

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

6 x DP.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
6 x DP.

"Can only take the same skill 4 times"

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

theDestroyer808 wrote:
Can only take the same skill 4 times. I was thinking 4 Blitzers with Tackle, 4 lineman with Block, 1 lineman with guard and Rakarth. I figured with Ag 4 ball handling is good enough and can keep away from the tougher ones with my move. Get a good blitz each round and can win a block war against most teams. Any ideas?

You said you get six free skills, but here you are listing 9?

Jump to: