15 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I've learned to always look at the pitch before hitting enter to make sure no armour roll is upcoming.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I've learned to always look at the pitch before hitting enter to make sure no armour roll is upcoming.

Master of the Client
We bow to you!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I do that, too. Still very annoying. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

Except it's not just 'enter' that does it. Hitting the space bar does it too, definitely. Less certainly, some of the a-z keys may also do it.

Also, it's not just on apothecaries and armour rolls. It is on any dialog. In the case that set me off for this one, it was an undesirable follow up after having waited 10s or so for a side step and started to comment on something.

Other examples are accidentally buying cards when marking (OK so you can get an admin to restart the game but it's just hassle for all involved), and any other dialog that may pop up whilst you are interacting with your keyboard.

Basically you are saying, "Don't type whilst a dialog may pop up." That requires a very high degree of understanding of the client (as in what dialogs may pop up and when) combined with concentration and awareness (i.e. thinking about it all the time on top of thinking about the game / interacting with your opponent). It's just not realistic, IMHO.

Some dingbat earlier posted that I shouldn't be allowed an opinion. He can shove off, moderator or not.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The other day I used a reroll without actually wanting too. At the time I just thought 'oh well' and carried on playing. Now I realise that I was the victim of 'focus theft'. Next time it happens im going to call the police. Theft is a crime and crime doesn't pay.

No-one is saying you cant have an opinion. You have every right to act like a baby and chuck all your toys out the pram. He was merely berating you for saying the F word.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Last edited by selfy_74 on %b %01, %2014 - %09:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Type slower peoplez! If you stab at the keyboard with 1 finger like me you never run into these issues.

+1
and lift your eyes from the keyboard before striking return
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Is this a moaning thread? If so can I have a go?

What really annoys me, are players that contribute near to nothing (if anything) to the site/client and then rant as if it's their god given right not to have problems. Especially when they knowingly use language that isn't allowed on the site that will mean an admin will have use their own free time to clean up a forum post and match report. Especially especially when it's done in an unconstructive way.

Much better would be to play 1 or 2 games less, sit down, make a detailed list of the problem and leave a well thought out report in the correct place. As in the case of the OP who has a genuine point, but has done nothing to rectify the problem.

Yes and no. I agree that more constructive is... more constructive. But just because someone isn't an admin and hasn't made 100 icons does not mean they shouldn't address client issues, or stress which are important (though language should be minded).

It's absolutely great that there are so many people like you who care about this site, client, and community, even if some of you don't play much yourselves. Especially BECAUSE you care so much about the experience that you provide together, getting information from the people who do play more often should be considered valuable (though in a civil manner).

So.. Is 'enter to select' or even 'allow keyboard confirm' something hardcoded in java, or something easily altered by the programmer? I would guess it's the latter, and because it likely uses standard UI elements rather than custom built systems, I suspect that it's a lot easier to alter than implementing a new skill or fixing weird bugs.

edit:
While I was formulating my response, this happened;
Chainsaw wrote:

Some dingbat earlier posted that I shouldn't be allowed an opinion. He can shove off, moderator or not.

This really isn't helping, CS. Do you want to solve the issue, or just be an expletive about whatever comes your way?

HM's response was a lot more nuanced than that, and yours should be, as well.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to the_Sage's words.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Filed a bug report. Amazed I'm the first to do so, to be honest.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Yes please. High priority imo.

what can be as annoying as not having logos show on the pitch? Nothing! everyt thing else is secondarry

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
flydd

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering if it is easy to help fix bugs in the client. I would be happy to spend some time trying to fix some of them but I don't know who to talk to about this.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
Yes please. High priority imo.

what can be as annoying as not having logos show on the pitch? Nothing! everyt thing else is secondarry

I agree that I find this pretty important as well. It's a less transparant problem to me though, so it looks harder to solve from the outside.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

1st world problems Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe dingbat Smile Made me laugh for myself at the busstation. Naughty boy
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

flydd wrote:
Just wondering if it is easy to help fix bugs in the client. I would be happy to spend some time trying to fix some of them but I don't know who to talk to about this.

Would be easier if it were open source. Wink

Jump to: