13 coaches online • Server time: 03:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The less said the better Roland. I mean, FUMBBL is the premiere site for the Bloodbowl obsessed and addicted, that's the long and short of it.
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

From the rulebook, page 34:
"For ease of use, your league may choose to combine all the 50,000 gold piece decks into one 52 card deck."

I think this is a good idea in order to reduce the probability of getting the overpowered stuff.

It also means that magic item cards will sometimes be used, otherwise no one will ever buy them. So it creates more variety as well.
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Roland wrote:
please, please, please let there be a custard pie animation

HEAR! HEAR!

haven't got an answer yet, we'll just have to wait and see Very Happy Twisted Evil
Brainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

it seems most of the coaches see the great randomness and game deciding potential of the dirty tricks cards.

as a consequence the relevant question is: should dirty tricks be allowed in R and B at all?
Or should they be allowed on a houserule basis for leagues only?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
it seems most of the coaches see the great randomness and game deciding potential of the dirty tricks cards.

as a consequence the relevant question is: should dirty tricks be allowed in R and B at all?
Or should they be allowed on a houserule basis for leagues only?

That question has been asked, multiple times. And most coaches seem to agree that having them in R and B poses no serious problem.

Certainly in R, the answer is simple: If you don't like them, don't play 50k down.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple quotes that caught my eye with my retort to them for your enjoyment.

m0gw41 wrote:
We accept plenty of random events as normal that are virtually game deciding like a thrown rock crippling you best player or a blitz event that results in an instant turnover. Bring on the dirty tricks!

Wreckage wrote:
When I talk about balance I talk about those things that allow us to use different teams and strategies to succeed. Ie. balance is a tool to create more diversity in the game. Kick-OFf events impact both teams the same and have literally like nothing to do with it.

The Kick Off table: Is random on what will happen, we can agree on that. The idea that it effects each team the same though? I do not think it does. But lets not get dragged down that line of thinking, instead lets look at the KO table in this light.

There are two things a coach can do from a tactical stand point to midigate or enchance the results on the KO table.

1)36% of the chart is effected by FAME, coaches and cheerleaders. That ho hum FAME roll at the start of the match right off the bat can give a coach a nice advantage on the chart. 10/36 of the chart is the Cheering fans and Brillant coaching, a 28% event.

You invest 40K on 2 of each and you have a titanic advantage on both of those rolls. We cannot debate that. The debate is investing 40k worth it? Which at its core the debate twirls around the random nature of the event.

Some match those two events never happen or sometimes they happen 1-3 times a match.
The point is that one team who invests some TV into these random events can make them almost solid locks that they turn the event from random in result to a auto win on the roll.

2) 16.7% of the chart is Blitz and Perfect Defense. Both results are "tough" for the offensive team. Now is it possible that the offensive player can midigate these two negative KO results, damn skippy he can!!! You set up on offense like you expect these results to show up and set up accordingly.

It seems to me that most coaches do not set up on offense in such a way to combat those two results. In stead they resort to the game plan of yelling to the heavens cursing NUFFLES name and gnashing their teeth when they see BLITZ!!! show up on the screen.

(BTW: This is my standard offensive set up due to the fact that it hurts my brain to come up with set ups to counter these two events coupled with I can never remember the proper set up in the first place when I need to. I prefer to yell at NUFFLE and his dice instead of blaming myself for a poor set up.)

So in the end 47% of this random chart coaches have no control over. 53% of the chart coaches do have some control on the out come of the random event.

tmoila wrote:
So if you could get more than 5 cards it would definetly be worth it to get them instead of Morg. Also if we get more cards in the future, getting 1 desperate measure card (400k) instead of 5 dirty tricks is a bad trade too.

Well you certainly can debate the strengths of both decks and weigh them on what is a smart move.

BUT

If you team is a 400+TV dog in a match.
What is more important to you?

Do you gamble on the cards to produce some dramtic random events that if the rolls align themselves you can get lucky to get a big advanatage to win the match

or do you attempt to equalize your side on the actual pitch. Since you are such a big "dog" in the match your team is most likely really outclassed on the pitch.

If you are so outclassed on the pitch will the random cards even help you out if your 11 man roster is down to 6 by turn 6 of the first half?

My final though on this matter is that the one big beef I have with CRP is that the favorite NEVER actually participates in the transfer funds to petty cash phase. He just hits ok and moves on.

Maybe, just maybe, by adding dirty tricks the favorites might just throw 50k into the ring and draw a card. I, know, total insanity!!!!

A fovorite actually giving his foe some more petty cash to play with. NUFFLE forbid somebody with 2million in cash to throw 150K into the match for a wizard, now that is going totally overboard lunatic mode.

Last edited by PainState on %b %30, %2014 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
fidius

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz + Perfect Defense are 1/12 each, so 1/6 = 16.7%.

On TT I buy cards with inducements when I feel like having fun. For important matches I stick to Babes, Wiz, certain stars. While it's true that certain decks have better cards than others (Misc Mayhem is pretty good, too), they will never be overpowered or unbalancing imo. Should they give you a chance for an advantage from time to time? Sure, of course they should, that's the point.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

On a completely different topic not related to Dirty Tricks when I was looking at the KO chart I think one change should be considered.

Throw a Rock and Pitch Invasion are D6 rolls only modified by FAME.

I think Cheerleaders should be added to that roll on Thrown Rocks.

They are "egging" on their fans to throw hostile projectiles on the field and handing out rocks, boulders, beer bottles, dildos or what ever projectile each race prefers to throw.

Pitch invasion should be D6+ FAME + Asst. Coaches: The Asst. coaches are all retired military and are able to coordinate a proper invasion by fans by directing their charge or leading them themselves.

Now, IMO, the KO chart is perfect.

Last edited by PainState on %b %30, %2014 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Blitz + Perfect Defense are 1/12 each, so 1/6 = 16.7%.

You are correct sir, I have to many numbers on my doodle chart next to me.

IMO still does not change my original point though.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kalimar

Since I know you are lurking around behind that big KPL banner, peeking out every once in awhile.

Is the league tournament start up bug that does not let the comish add cash to buy card inducments only going to be fixed on the big update this weekend?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

no

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
no

Well, that is depressing, KPL card inducement madness will have to wait for the next update then.

**PainState wanders into the great desert pounding sand and kicking hyena puppies in frustration. **

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

''Gromskull's Exploding Runes Before setting up Your player gains Bombardier, No Hands, Secret Weapon Entire game'' - Will be awesome on dedicated throwers or AG freaks. For a drive Smile

Pit Trap + Blatant Foul looks the best combo for killing Wardancers Smile

Illegal Sub: stop those stalls in style! Smile

Love it all
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

@PainState: anything more on that bug? I can still have a look at it...
tmoila

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Pit Trap + Blatant Foul looks the best combo for killing Wardancers Smile

Not pit trap, but chop block. Smile
 Jump to: