15 coaches online • Server time: 04:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it worthwile to give Strip Ball on a non-AG team?
Hahahaha no. Well maybe before you take Shadowing...
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
It might be, if you don't have ST access and already took Tackle.
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Sure, I'm all for stripping!
58%
 58%  [ 23 ]
Is this pie for real or is there a stripper in it?
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 39

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
vs elves is not so much the sure hands as they don't tend to have it

I tend to think while Sure Hands greatly diminishes the efficiency of Strip Ball, the skill is still ,inavluable. There will never be a team full of Sure Handers, the skill isn't useful enough.
Strip Ball is so outstandingly strong against non Sure Hands players that a coach with that skill (sure Hands) is going to try to keep the ball on that player at all times and if he doesn't the Strip Baller will turn out to be handy.

Quote:

but the fact that they just dodge out, pick up the ball again and score.

I think people tend to make too much of a big deal out of this. I can somewhat see this being true in tournaments with high end teams and side step adding so much game control to elves that the ball can no longer be retrieved for a bash team.
Usually the sacking of the ball will cause great dismay tho. The team that carries is literally controlling the game. Once the ball is on the ground the game enters a state of chaos. It isn't like the defending team is suddenly going to win but in order to retrieve the ball you have make it come loose first. The most difficult part of the exercise isn't the pick up. It's the actual blitz. Any tool that helps with that is of great value.

Quote:
That's why MB+Tackle is more important to get first imo.

Kinda agree with Azure there, sacker and blitzer types are different kinds of players in need of different skilling and use.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Intersting results! Didn't expect the poll to come out like that at all. Did expect Jimmy's reply though. Very Happy

Hmm, I expected that to be strip all mens.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip all menz so they can wave their shirts round their headz?

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Strip all menz so they can wave their shirts round their headz?

Just like Petey Pablo instructed.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
I predict..

..#Juggernaut will become more popular, with the increase of WsbT

Jugger is nice on a Striball player BUT the problem is that is a double for most players who would take SB, thus JUGGER gets ignored for guard and so forth.

I did have a Dancer with SB and Jugger and man was it a nice combo.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a late pick at best, but yeah eventually, on a G-access lineman.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:
I predict..

..#Juggernaut will become more popular, with the increase of WsbT

Jugger is nice on a Striball player BUT the problem is that is a double for most players who would take SB, thus JUGGER gets ignored for guard and so forth.

I did have a Dancer with SB and Jugger and man was it a nice combo.

Yeah it is. Juggy Strippers for life!
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but its worse than wrestle strip ball and 10k more Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well SB on a Wardancer is not much of a discussion topic, is it? SB on an Orc Blitzer, on the other hand...

I see the odd Wrestle Beastman and presumably they are all intended to go Tackle-Strip Ball-Two Heads but they never skill and then they die! Wink
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
yeah but its worse than wrestle strip ball and 10k more Razz

A Wardancer on the ground can't singlehandedly score on their own blitz, which is why it's just more fun.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Well SB on a Wardancer is not much of a discussion topic, is it? SB on an Orc Blitzer, on the other hand...

Why not go for a Wresle+Strip Ball Lineman instead and dispose him on the pitch as needed?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:

I see the odd Wrestle Beastman and presumably they are all intended to go Tackle-Strip Ball-Two Heads but they never skill and then they die! Wink

Ahem

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the race, think human blitzer you got four of them, make one juggernaut+SB; that makes him more versatile then with wrestle, ad MB/T, or SF/Fr depending on what other thing you want him for besides sacking. If you DONT have block, and no ST skill access, you obviously will go wrestle/tackle/SB/D instead, like on a HE catcher.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There's two ways of looking at the value of strip ball. Direct value and indirect value.

Direct value: your guy with strip hits the carrier and on a push causes them to drop it. My orcs have a ag5 stripper and he has managed this once or twice that I can remember.

Indirect value: the opponent now has to consider that you have a stripper. If the oppo doesn't have sure hands he's now desperately protecting the ball. But most teams have sure hands I hear you cry. Yes but there is still value in a stripper even so. The oppo is now (almost certainly) likely to use the sure hands thrower etc to pick up the ball. Now in some cases they will be the best choice anyway, however often the oppo will have some +str or +ag stat monster who would be a far better carrier if they had sure hands which usually they don't. Now you are affecting your oppos choices just by having said skill on the pitch. It's a bit like having a wizard you haven't used yet. Your oppo still has to allow for the possibility you might use it.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Fleetfoot's Revenge I is clearly an AG team, Malmir. Very Happy
 Jump to: