45 coaches online • Server time: 14:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Assimilation Record updated, including Ranked Invasion Cube 012 double assimilation

**REQUEST FROM BLACKBOX INVASION CUBE 009**

TO: RANKED INVASION CUBE 012 -or- BLACKBOX INVASION CUBE 003

BLACKBOX INVASION CUBE 009 requests transfer of one captured ELF for immediate assimilation.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Assimilation Record updated

Alas, only the entity named Jack Morris was succesfully assimilated. The other one was torn to shreds by the amassed folks around the playing rectangle.

Jack Morris lives on as Drone Thirteen of Sixteen now.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

All this Trekkie talk is just too much so I have created 'Star Wars v Star Trek' (in Ranked) http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=788130 and am looking for challenges from Star Trek themed teams.

Assimilate my Rancor if you think you're Borg enough!

PM me if interested, I can play most evenings from 21:00 server time.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Records have been updated / corrected.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

+++Blackbox Invasion Cube 002 Assimilation Report+++

Encounter #004: Subject 002-004-A assimilated. Dodge skill uploaded to Hive Mind. Corpse added to Cube Body Bank for further assimilation in future.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work! I'll do a little less updating to save time and not clutter this thread too much. I'll probably just do it when the order of skills on the list changes due to assimilations (right now not the case when adding one more Dodge, for example).

@josh: No need to report Magic Item cards (although you're free to do so of course), as Borg will never use them.

Edit:

@everyone: No need to report every game, the assimilations are the only important information. So you could cut back with reports and do it just like gjopie did.
Of course, more frequent and detailed reports are still fine (especially on the match report page, as it helps our opponents to better understand)!

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #8

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with new species: Amazon, a species that has cultivated a matriarchy.

Information acquired: Female subjects of this species have developed certain skills to compensate their physical weakness. No male subjects have been encountered.

Threat assessment: Medium. Subjects rely on their inherent skillset with a priority on defense. Test Drones had difficulties to pin them down. Some higher developed subjects have cultivated the skills to become a threat in offense, too. Assimilation recommended for further insight in species' culture and skilling procedures.

Complete data records of the encounter can be found here.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #9

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with species: Dark Elf.

Information acquired: Subjects have been technological more advanced than they have been at our last encounter. This lead to better defense operations as well as an offense of higher threat value.

Threat assessment: Medium. Subjects did not avoid conflict as they did the last time. They also carried occasional assaults on our Drones that lead to light damages and malfunctions. Conclusion: We may have discovered a warrior caste or congregation.

Last edited by FRSHMN on %b %22, %2014 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe, can we assume if a team has an extra species in its Body Bank that it's available for transfer? How is this tracked? Maybe the species listing on the Group Page can be updated with available spare parts (ie they get added and removed as they are used). Or do both teams' coaches need to agree to a transfer? Mainly just wondering if I can add that DE and keep playing, or if I need to kill my own.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As I was asked several times how to include player icons to the team bio, I will share my knowledge with the hive as our analysis have showed that this should be the most economic way Wink

(url=https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10310519)(img)https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL/Images/PlayerIcons/amlineman2.gif(/img)(/url)

Change ( ) to [ ]

The url-part consists of the link to the player's page.

The img-part consists of the specific player icon as it can be found under https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy .

If you like to be more / most accurate, you can count up the number in the .gif until you met the specific icon you have killed.
In the given example it is icon #2 as indicated by [...]/amlineman2.gif.

I hope this helps you all, and maybe Queen Rabe can add it to the site of this thread or even on the group page.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 012 is deep in the Beta Quadrant. It is has been disconected from the hive mind for a long time. But it relentlessly continues it mission to seek out new life forms to assimilate. There is no care, no emotion about losing contact with the Delta Quadrant.

3 days ago Cube 012 started to receive communication from other borg Invasion Cubes. It was garbled and communication was touch and go. The Cubes central hub once again came alive as it was receiving partial updates from the Hive mind.

The command drones were communicating with each other on what to do. Cease their primary mission in the Beta Quadrant or to turn around and head to the Alpha Quadrant were reports of a Borg invasion were going on. The discussion lasted 4 minutes as both sides debated the course of action.

Cube012 came out of warp at the edge of the Alpha Quadrant around Vortoros IV star system. Cube012 central hub starts going insane as it is receiving 98 years of software updates, assimilation updates and reports coming in from all the invasion cubes.

Cube012 becomes aware of a scout ship with in intercept range and moves at high speed.

Ranked Assault Cube012 engages this new race called High Elves and begins to assimilate them at a high rate.

Two subjects were assimilated. One of them is a blitzer class and he was tougher than the normal High Elves encountered. The other subject was a common High Elf. Another subject got away that was much faster than a normal High Elf. Cube 012 will continue to track the High Elves down until all their variation has been assimilated.

As the Borg continue to assimilate the crew the ship self destructs as the High Elves would rather all die than become assimilated.

Ranked Assault Cube 012 has begun its relentless march on the Alpha Quadrant.

Ranked Invasion Cube 012: First Contact

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #10

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with new species: Goblins.

Information acquired: Subjects refer to themself as Goblins or Ferengi. The common individual is of minor heigth and strength, but they have invented technology to boost their natural limitations. A mutated minority of this species is of enormous heigth and strength, but this evolutional shift comes with mental limitations.

Threat assessment: Low. Once subjects are disarmed, they tend to flee or surrender. Further studies about the mutated subjects need to be initiated.

tuomaa

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 002 encounter #3 report:

Another indecisive confrontation with new species.
A specimen was acquired for assimilation, but it turned out that the original programming was too deeply rooted and the assimilation failed.
The specimen was dissected and its abilities were studied.

Here are the data records:
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #11

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with species: Underworld.

<<<Transmission to Borg Space: Subjects engage in combat... Heavy losses... Ranked Invasion Cube 001 with serious damages on retreat... Reinforcements requested... Replacements needed...Transmission interrupted>>>

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

After the assimilation of the High Elves Ranked Invasion Cube 012 enters warp to rendezvous with Black Box Invasion Cube 009 for body transfer of High Elf lineman.

Ranked Invasion Cube transfers one elf to Black Box Invasion Cube 009 so they can access the Dark Elf Renegade.