32 coaches online • Server time: 01:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The_Murker wrote:
II'd like the option of paying $5 to FUMBBL to change a team name

Yes this a million times this. Even $10 is fine by me.

+1

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
hebus

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

/hurt
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

^This^

... and let league admins adjust SPP on teams for their leagues so I don't have to have snot builders to get players up to snuff.

And if we could also add skills and adjust stats, then we could go nuts with trading players in our league Smile
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

New tournament formats for [L]:

Double round robin
    Double elimination KO
    Single game scheduling (for finals, promotion games, etc.)

Hability to add teams to an open RR tournament after creation.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
New tournament formats for [L]:

Double round robin
    Double elimination KO
    Single game scheduling (for finals, promotion games, etc.)

Hability to add teams to an open RR tournament after creation.

+1

Also more than 26 teams in an open RR.
Replace dropouts with standard Filler teams. Currently get a wrong division error.

You can use fillers to leave space for latecomers also to fill out 4 team finals.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love it if the gamefinder would hide coaches I've played in my last 10 ranked matches. IIRC, it's against site rules to play against the same coach in ranked more frequently than every 10 matches. I consistently play at certain times, and I always worry that I'll forget and play somebody twice in four matches or something.

sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi coaches,

After a week of this thread running, let's have a look at the most popular proposals.

1.CUSTOM ROSTERS. 28 mentions.
Leagues are able to edit players stats, skills, Spp's ...
1.b Custom Team Settings for League Teams. 13 mentions
Some coaches expand the definition of Custom rosters into the ability to customise treasury money, fan factor, team wizz, team igor, team star players, MVP criteria...

2.CUSTOM ICONS. 14 mentions

3.SECRET LEAGUE/STUNTY/SL Classic ROSTERS AVAILABLE IN LEAGUE. 13 mentions
3+.NEW INTEGRATED CHAT FOR FUMBBL. 13 mentions

4.MORE CARDS. 11 mentions

5.SCALABLE PITCH/ICONS ALLOWING MORE DEVICES TO USE THE CLIENT. 10 mentions

6.MORE HOUSE RULES. 9 mentions
Which ones? No consensus here!
6+. AUTOMATIC OFFICIAL STATS/RANKINGS for FUMBBL TOURNIES + OFFICIAL AWARDS. 9 mentions
If this comes to reality, no more updating TOP25 for me...which would be nice! Wink

7.MORE SCHEDULING OPTIONS FOR LEAGUE. 7 mentions
Double game Round Robin, Double game KO, Single game for finals...
7+.UPLOAD TT MATCHES REPORTS AND SCORES FOR MIXED TT/FUMBBL TOURNIES. 7 mentions
7++.DELATE ZERO GAMES TEAMS: FREE TEAM NAMES. 7 mentions
7+++.NEW PAIRING FORMULA FOR BOX or NEW GAMEFINDER FEATURES. 7 mentions
Which ones? No consensus here! However, Merge Box/Ranked where Box automatic scheduler is an option in Gamefinder adds 4 mentions to the 7 mentions stated above.

8.MAJORS/XFL/RRR OPEN TO B/R TEAMS or ALL TOURNIES OPEN TO B/R TEAMS. 6 mentions
8+.REGULAR NAF TOURNIES IN FUMBBL. 6 mentions

These were the most popular.

Last edited by sonrises on %b %25, %2015 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

A bunch of this has been said, but here is my ideal league options breakdown (in no particular order):

- ability to upload results from TT games and intermix them with online results in leagues. If two teams are scheduled, you would be able to click a TT upload button, it would display the game results page, but every field could be amended; number of turns, injuries, SPPs, cas, etc, etc.

- ability to manually configure tournaments. I would love to be able to have my preset 17 week schedule as a template, and just assign each team in the league a spot and it creates my schedule. Also a great schedule maker here as a basis: http://schedules.footballguys.com/

- add or remove any races you want from your league

- create your own rosters and positionals for them. (Secret League, etc.)

- create players for teams with extra/different base skills. E.g. for KPL, you could create a Skeleton with a Chainsaw, no Secret Weapon, 0SPP, and whatever cost you want. It would then skill normally.

- add skills to players as desired

- Create custom "prizes" that can be given to players that don't count toward skill slots. Similar to tournaments.

- Trade players between teams.

- League admins can change Apothecary/money/coaches/etc. for their league teams.

- A log for each team of all manual changes made to them/their players

- I will think of more I am sure...

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Roster creation would be over the top amazingly awesome!

The best idea i have read so far.

Secret league would actually be close to that as there is so many teams already created. As it was said, lets not waste so much work.
magictobe

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would really like a vertical view in stead of the horizontal side view. I am new to fumbbl and this us my most difficult point to get over. I am a TT player and use to sit at an endzone and watch the game from there.
roante

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Logos for the teams! (Chaos Pact, UW, etc.) That ? is not the most beautiful one there on the games list Smile
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

magictobe wrote:
I would really like a vertical view in stead of the horizontal side view. I am new to fumbbl and this us my most difficult point to get over. I am a TT player and use to sit at an endzone and watch the game from there.

I agree! I found this annoying in tabletop games. Don't worry, you get used to it quickly. =D

pubstar wrote:
I would love it if the gamefinder would hide coaches I've played in my last 10 ranked matches. IIRC, it's against site rules to play against the same coach in ranked more frequently than every 10 matches. I consistently play at certain times, and I always worry that I'll forget and play somebody twice in four matches or something.

Good suggestion!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't know you're playing somebody too much, I doubt you are playing somebody too much.

The rule is one in ten on average, not playing somebody twice in your last ten games. Remember staff aren't here to make your life hard, they're here to prevent cheating.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A calendar would be awesome. Where admins can add tourney deadlines and accessible to all participants.

For players that would mean having all their deadlines from all their tournaments in a single calendar.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
A calendar would be awesome. Where admins can add tourney deadlines and accessible to all participants.

For players that would mean having all their deadlines from all their tournaments in a single calendar.

Yes this a billion times this.
would be a great help for us league admins aswell as busy league players.
auto forfeit option/coin toss when deadline is reached too.
 Jump to: