38 coaches online • Server time: 11:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 18:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so, but it will be. I remember asking the same thing last year. It doesn't say anywhere, but it's been 4 for the last 2 years and will be 4 again Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Castle Drachenfels shows up in force in the Exploding Cup

This year the Drachenfels Chimney Sweeps were selected by the denizens of the Castle to represent them in the Cup.

The stadium was jam packed with the rabid fans of Castle Drachenfels as the chimney sweeps destroyed their foes. The Ball and Chains were covered with their brain matter, scavengers found severed feet in the bomb holes on the pitch and one fan even found a gold tooth, knocked loose from a dirty boot in row 9. He pawned it off to a Stunty antiquity trader for 5 crowns, SCORE!!!!

The Chimney Sweep await their next victim in round 2. They are hell bent on making the main draw and out doing last years representative from Drachenfels the Drachenfels Green' Keepers, a fae team, who got demolished in the opening round of the main draw.

Chimney Sweeps utilize the dirty boot to stomp to victory

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
I cannot award it, Christer has to. I will look into it.

Look at mine too while you´re at it Smile

Please remind me what it is. I have been so busy I am not remembering. Sorry.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:
Tantibus wrote:
Wasn't particularly looking for an argument, I'll leave it at I was hoping to enjoy the tournament more than I have so far.

Good luck to all.

You don't like Nurglings because you play them all wrong. Your Beasts are not blitzers. They are there to hold your opponents players down. You move them into a good position and then you leave them there, holding as many 2 St players down as you can. You blitz with your Plaguebearers. You also don't do 2 AG dodges all over the place. Dodge when you have to. Don't throw 1 die blocks unless you have to, either. You play the team poorly and blame the team and your dice. You should've done some research before picking a team and certainly before joining a tournament.

Thanks for the advice, I'll attempt to see if it helps.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Tantibus wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:
Tantibus wrote:
Wasn't particularly looking for an argument, I'll leave it at I was hoping to enjoy the tournament more than I have so far.

Good luck to all.

You don't like Nurglings because you play them all wrong. Your Beasts are not blitzers. They are there to hold your opponents players down. You move them into a good position and then you leave them there, holding as many 2 St players down as you can. You blitz with your Plaguebearers. You also don't do 2 AG dodges all over the place. Dodge when you have to. Don't throw 1 die blocks unless you have to, either. You play the team poorly and blame the team and your dice. You should've done some research before picking a team and certainly before joining a tournament.

Thanks for the advice, I'll attempt to see if it helps.
Also, grab for your beasts is almost always your first skill for them, as is Extra Arms for your Putrefiers (Someone needs to be able to pick up the damned ball)

Treat them like you would Nurgle in ranked or Box. The ball is their last priority, while killing all mens takes the top. Nurgs are meant to brutalize opponents and control movement. Set up around that. Prehensile Tail and Diving Tackle are probably the skills you'll want most on your squad.

Also, Furious gave you plenty of good advice on how to use your pieces. Plauguebearers have horns, obvious blitz choice on anything but a big man. Give em Dauntless and even the Big Guys will have trouble. Your beasts are disruptions. Grab, Guard, anything that can force an opponent's tiny guys to stay in a Beast's range. You start holding down 4-5 men with 1 beast and 1 or 2 lineman and you'll start dictating games.

Nurgs are a team with a lot of potential to be nasty, but they do need some development. At low TV, ball handling is not easy. So, just be ready to struggle to score. Your goal is to make it twice as hard on your opponent to do the same.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the separator for teams on the same number of points correct at the moment? It looks like currently it is set to TD difference plus cas difference but shouldn't it be TD diff plus half the Cas diff?

fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure wrote:
In case of ties, teams are ordered by Touchdown difference+Casualty difference/2 (descending), followed by Raw Touchdowns+Casualties/2

I know goblins are bloodthirsty little buggers but the current method does give quite an advantage to high armour / bashy teams.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 14:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It was changed for the RTTNAFC. Tie breaker is a site wide setting. It came up in a discussion last week somewhere

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Antithesisoftime, more good advice. I'm not overly flush with new skills but I'll give it ago!!

How many games are in the qualifying league?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tantibus wrote:
How many games are in the qualifying league?

Nobody knows! It's a personal campaign of mine to get it announced officially, but we're all guessing four.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Motskari wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

This player from Necromiser's Nightmare IV played in 2013:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8951807
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Motskari wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

This player from Necromiser's Nightmare IV played in 2013:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8951807

Well, errr, ya see, the Necromancers of Lahmia have been having a heck of a time putting this man-rat-machine guy back together. They had to locate some Skaven warpstone experts and even a few renegade gnomes.

In other words, sorry, on it.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News

Tournament officials are pleased to announce this year's prize for winning the Exploding Cup. Goblin recruiter Darkharvestmousetail, a scout with a keen eye and no scruples, has travelled far and (more) near (likely) to bring you the mighty...

Scarlath 'The back Scratcher' Scarly

Scouting stats: 6 3 3 7 Sneaky Git, Dirty Player, Stab

Scouting report from 'mousetail: Hobgoblins are pretty low, and when I mean low ants have difficulty limboing underneath then. However as low most Hobgoblins go, Scarlath takes the biscuit (the cookie, the crumpet, the cake and anything else this worthless sack of manure can get his hands on).

Scarlath is so low, he got a medical note from his doctor excusing him from 'full size' Blood Bowl. The note states (in extremely poor grammar and spelling) that Scarlath has the physical make up of a Snotling and can he be excused from full sized Blood Bowl for the foreseeable future. Please allow him to partcake (probably is meant to be partake) in Stunty Leeg instead.

This however isn't as low as Scarlath can go (believe me, even the devil is too shamed to look at Scarlath). Not only is he a regular sized player pretending to be a Snotling. He also doesn't play fair. Fouling, kicking, biting and spiting and then whining to the ref whenever he's called up. Yes Scarlath truly is the lowest of the low.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that is a player most leeg players can look up to.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2015 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful! Hobgoblins to the leeg. Nice fluff and all. He does have access to general skills, ain´t he?

WhatBall wrote:
Well, errr, ya see, the Necromancers of Lahmia have been having a heck of a time putting this man-rat-machine guy back together. They had to locate some Skaven warpstone experts and even a few renegade gnomes.

In other words, sorry, on it.

No worries. I figured too that it takes time to remake such a monster. After we get the prize only Kalamona will play against Dirties, so they have been getting games so far, which is nice. Very Happy
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there 4 rounds of swiss? And am I right in thinking that 9 groups means 7 second place teams qualify too?