57 coaches online • Server time: 17:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill (4+4) to take?
Mighty Blow - max powage
86%
 86%  [ 58 ]
Juggs - no more SF dorfs
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Normal roll, like Sidestep
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 67

hbgs

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why people put polls on these "skill choice" threads - is it so they can see exactly how many people disagree with their already predetermined choice? Because it certainly doesn't seem to be a poll to help them with their choice ... (not at all the only one in this category so don't think I'm having a go at just DaCoach, it's just that I happened to be reading this thread at the time I felt like replying and not the multiple others I've seen where the OP does the exact same thing).
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why people wonder out loud about oh nfm.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who always tries to help people on forums and facebook with advices but then often gets accused of trolling I can answer your question hbgs.
Nearly every single advice thread is just people looking for people to agree with them.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree Jimmy ;p

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread just needs to be renamed "Look at my Juggs"

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

hbgs wrote:
I wonder why people put polls on these "skill choice" threads - is it so they can see exactly how many people disagree with their already predetermined choice? Because it certainly doesn't seem to be a poll to help them with their choice ... (not at all the only one in this category so don't think I'm having a go at just DaCoach, it's just that I happened to be reading this thread at the time I felt like replying and not the multiple others I've seen where the OP does the exact same thing).

It's possible. The few times I have posted skill choices for my players it's because I wanted to be argued out of my initial choice, as I didn't feel it was good, but I also didn't have a compelling reason to pick something else.

This usually happens to players who only roll normals and get to 4th/5th skill where adding fend or some other duplicate G skill doesn't add any real value to the roster.

Players who land stats and or doubles usually don't fall into this category, but there are exceptions.

Players who should always CPOMB should always CPOMB, unless the coach specifically states he doesn't want to use CPOMB. In which case, they still should CPOMB, but whatever other choice they make is uninteresting and incorrect.
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Players who should always CPOMB should always CPOMB, unless the coach specifically states he doesn't want to use CPOMB. In which case, they still should CPOMB, but whatever other choice they make is uninteresting and incorrect.

Incorrect yes, uninteresting no -- but also there are certain coaches (ahem) whose advice always comes down to this axiom. Which looks like wisdom but is really just re-expressing their keen grasp of the obvious. The very definition of uninteresting in other words. Smile
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
As someone who always tries to help people on forums and facebook with advices but then often gets accused of trolling I can answer your question hbgs.

Nearly every single advice thread is just people looking for people to agree with them.

I'm more interested in WHY they don't agree with me, but you're right... generally I don't listen to the crowd.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I see Jimmy punished you with a defeat today. Why only 1 Werewolf by the way?

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2015 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have gone MB to maximize the psychopathic genocidal murder spree, but with Juggs that's a nice hole puncher in lines.