23 coaches online • Server time: 05:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill to take on 5-5
Dodge - Seems like a no brainer sure
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Break Tackle - stick with the plan but Nuffle might be upset
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side Step - in case he finds himself on the sideline
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Jump Up - Can't keep a good Ulf down
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
+AV - Seems like more claw bait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
+MA - You ain't getting away that easy!!
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Fend - Seems rather pointless
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie - always room for more pie!
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Something Else - if so what and why?
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Kam, SS is best for surfs and annoyance. After all, you can't pile on a crowd surfed player. Sometimes Frenzy can get you in trouble - SS can help you get out of it (and position him better for his next block)
Stoffel

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say Dodge or Sidestep with a small advantage for Dodge.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for the extra +MA. Why that?
High MA on Frenzy players are always a threat for crowd pushes and can save you a GFI while blitzing. As he has PO already, he is supposed to be prone quite often. But he has Guard too. So, to get into a better position from prone MA4 is much better than MA3.

Dodge has not a good synergy with PO; prone players simply can't use Dodge. Same for Diving Tackle as already mentioned above.
Taking Jump Up and not be able to use full potential of the skill... I'm not a friend of that idea.

Side Step is an option, but Stand Firm is kind of a similar skill which cost you 10k TV less.
Break Tackle or Tackle are quite obvious and a good choice, even you will skip a double or MA/AV up.

Last edited by Markusen on %b %27, %2015 - %15:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Side step is not worth the TV. Even if it might be better than stand firm, it is not better by 50%. The cost is 50% more though.
Dodge is not bad, but I assume that this player will either kill, or be down due to piling on. Plus cannot use the dodge for dodging away due to lack of break tackle. So you have a fraction of the benefit of dodge. (In the rare and unfortunate circumstances when he is surfed, dodge does not protect.)
I would not take any of them. Movement and armor are also not interesting enough on this player. Pick a skill which gives you utility any time you blitz with him. As you will blitz with him almost all game, this is what you should consider.
With that said it is either pro or juggernaut. (and honourable mention to tackle, but you had better take tackles with your linos, they cant take anything better imho anyway.)
You will be surprised how often you will make a both down into a push or kill a wrestler with that. Plus you will be able to surf stand firming dorks.
Sometimes you will just move your guard into perfect position with this little tool. (Don't bank on this one, but a nice situational add on.)

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle would be nice.

Not sure about Jump Up, due to the whole 1AG thing. I get that the skill has other usage, but without reliably letting you get a few extra blocks in, I think it's a bit sub-par.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
I'm not a fan of PO either...

I've taken +AV on an Ulf in the past, and it's not as bad as it sounds, but only on a 6+4.

Here, I would say either Dodge or Side-Step. Norse are fragile, anything that can let them live another game is welcome, hence Dodge. But Ulf are also surf machines, so they can really use SS or SF. And since he has Guard already, your opponent is likely to think carefully before he blocks him if he has SS (that's actually more effective against experienced coaches: rookie coaches would simply block him without thinking and roll a POW Very Happy).

LOL on the rookie joke, so true!
I would say Side-Step too because Dodge would need BT to really pay off. And if I remember it right, there weren't a ton of other Dodge players, right?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all. Some really good feedback. So right now I'm looking at +MA or SS, with Dodge bringing up the rear. Jump Up has some appeal but the -AG really shifts the odds too much.

With Dodge, it's pretty much a lock that Legend skill (if he makes it) would be BT unless 6-6 comes up.

Time to get out the Kharmic Koin and flip that sucker to see what happens.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

w8lifter wrote:
Thanks all. Some really good feedback. So right now I'm looking at +MA or SS, with Dodge bringing up the rear. Jump Up has some appeal but the -AG really shifts the odds too much.

With Dodge, it's pretty much a lock that Legend skill (if he makes it) would be BT unless 6-6 comes up.

Time to get out the Kharmic Koin and flip that sucker to see what happens.

This is the problem with taking a skill now that you assume will benefit from the legend skill and the main reason why I would not bother with dodge.

I'd pick the skill that makes him the best player he can be right now.

That's probably break tackle, depending on how you use him, or what situations you usually find yourself in.

Juggernaut and jump up also appeal to me, based off of the way I think I would use him.
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Koin came up +MA and of course the next match he gets surfed twice but survives both times Smile

Decided against JU because of the 50/50 of getting up using it and against Juggy because that's the Yehtee's job
 Jump to: