12 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jori3641

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

CASE SOLVED - MY MISTAKE. READ NO FURTHER Smile

I ran into something earlier which I think is a bug, but I wanted to check with you guys before reporting it.

In a recent game (http://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3686428 , turn 4) I wanted to blitz the ball carrier and jumped into a cage with my final regular MV. To Blitz the Ball Carrier I needed a gfi, and it was successful. I where however not allowed to throw the block. The reason was that an adjacent player had tentacles and I failed the tentacles roll. I rerolled the tentacle roll and managed to throw the block.

It sounds wrong to me that I should have needed to make a tentacles roll in the first place as: “The player may use this Tentacles when an opposing player attempts to dodge or leap out of any of his tackle zones”. I admit that my player where trying to leave the players tackle zone, but throwing a block cant reasonably be considered a dodge or leap. Right?

Last edited by jori3641 on %b %27, %2015 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds reasonable to me.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason you couldn't block isn't because of the gfi to block failing a tents roll, it's because of the leap to reach the square you would've blocked from failing. If you had blitzed from the other corner, rather than from in the Spider Rider's TZ, there wouldn't've been a tents roll, just the gfis. This isn't a bug, you just misread the log.

Last edited by xnoelx on %b %27, %2015 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 18:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Not a bug. Next time don't try to leap from a square controlled by a tentacles player. If he had successfully held you, you would have been stuck in the square where you started the leap.
jori3641

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh sorry, thanks for pointing out my mistake. Please close this thread.
Kam

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I was confused by your description, so I had to watch the replay. To make it clear: you blitzed with an eagle warrior, leaped from the TZ of a guy with Tents, failed the escape roll, rerolled it, and finally blocked the guy.

The fact you had to GFI or you were leaping into another tents TZ is irrelevant. The rules are simple: if you try to leap or dodge away from a Tents TZ, you must take that roll. If you fail, your action is over (which means you can't hand over the ball for instance, nor pass it, nor make the block if you're blitzing). So it was correctly handled by the client.

(And my 2 cents: you really don't want to leap with an Eagle unless that's your only option: they can dodge anywhere on a 3+, and you won't burn your team rerolls if they fail. Very Happy)

Jump to: