60 coaches online • Server time: 17:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to run fumbbl on a new computer at a new job. The applet downloads fine and opens fine but the client can't connect to the server. I'm assuming this is due to a firewall or some other restriction on the network. Anyone have a workaround for this? I do not have admin privileges.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
I'm trying to run fumbbl on a new computer at a new job. The applet downloads fine and opens fine but the client can't connect to the server. I'm assuming this is due to a firewall or some other restriction on the network. Anyone have a workaround for this? I do not have admin privileges.

Sounds like a company firewall indeed.... you could maybe check this page https://www.java.com/en/download/help/proxy_setup.xml on how to set up a proxy access... but potentially it would be wiser to just let it go when your company doesn't want you to do that...
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I would strongly advise you not to try get around the firewall at a new job. I've fired people for less.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I work at a university and this is a public computer in the library at the university. Not my "personal" work pc.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2015 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What if I get the same issue using my personal laptop on the University wifi. Any idea how to get around that?
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2015 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
I would strongly advise you not to try get around the firewall at a new job. I've fired people for less.

You evil power tripping bastard Razz

akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bobs wrote:
akaRenton wrote:

You evil power tripping bastard Razz

I work for a charity at the moment, and have fired 24 volunteers in 4 years. Some for gross misconduct, but some for lack of work ethic/common sense.

Any manager scared to fire people will very rapidly have a large group of morons working for them. Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2015 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
What if I get the same issue using my personal laptop on the University wifi. Any idea how to get around that?

Well, theoretically it's also possibly that you have some of your own security settings set to block the connection, possibly the port or whatever.

Otherwise there is always the possibility to get in contact with the system administration and to let them help you.
 Jump to: