14 coaches online • Server time: 05:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader is very good.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Min0s wrote:

- I could take dodge but I don't really see the advantage

Me neither, better take Pass Block (fudge, can't trolling him since pass block is not implemented in Cyanide) Laughing (double trolling)
Min0s

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Stanley wrote:
Why not come and play a few games here?
you've made an account to ask a question about BB2 on here, Why not stay and play a game as well?

I intend to. Seems like a nice place and I was looking for a place like this ti find private league where you can plan to build a team fora season and not until they retire or Nuffle takes them away.

MDeLarge wrote:
Me neither, better take Pass Block (fudge, can't trolling him since pass block is not implemented in Cyanide) Laughing (double trolling)

In fact they did. In Blood Bowl 2 at least, I don't recall seeing it in the first PC game.

I will elaborate a bit on the present composition of my team, at least the sauri (or saurus, saurai whatever :p).
- I have 2 sauri for the front line with block and guard (soon stand firm) whose only goal is to hold the position there. In defence they prevent theennemy line to move into my part of the field and in offense they assist the ball, the closest the better to benefit from guard.
- I have 2 "dangerous" sauri. One with block, tackle and MB and the other block and tackle. Whose goal is to eliminate the low AV, dodgy players in the ennemy team (like skinks, catchers, goblins, gutter runners and so on). Next skill planned for them : BT and MB.
- I have one frenzy saurus to prevent my opponent to position hisp layers to close to the side. he has Block,Frenzy and MB. Next will probably be either BT or tackle or standfirm (to prevent retaliating when he is against the sideline)
- I have one saurus blitzer with Block,Mb and BT. next skill will be tackle I guess.

In all of this, my kroxigor main goal is to be where he can hinder the maximum amount of ennemy players while keep throwing 2D block at each turn. I force agile team to get through his prehensive tail with the max amount of players and i force bashy teams to put him down to get to my ball handler.
That's why I don't really see the point in taking BT, I don't blitz with my kroxi i have enough STR4 more reliable than him to do so and if i really need to move him (if my opponenet succeed in stucking my kroxi with a single 3/4) then I can blitz him free with a saurus.
About leader I still think it is a bit of a waste, I have 3 rerolls + pro on my kroxi and I almost never feel like I need one more.
Tackle i can see the point in the role i am giving him so I now hesitate with dodge.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle to be Offensive and Dodge to be defensive its a coin flip and depends on your personal play style If it was me id go for Dodge

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Min0s wrote:

MDeLarge wrote:

In fact they did. In Blood Bowl 2 at least, I don't recall seeing it in the first PC game.

CopyPaste form Cyanide forum:

"PATCH NOTE 1.8.0.7
Postby Netheos » 02 October 2015, 08:43

Hey Coaches,

You'll find more info on the state of the game here.

General info:
Version : 1.8.0.7
Size : 81 MB
Content outline :
- The skill Pass Block is now available
- New cut-scenes option: you can now display Block cut-scenes only when Armor is broken.
- Players can now see leagues and competition settings.
- For better legibility, goal posts are not displayed anymore on the player side.
- Full screen mode optimization is possible via a small manipulation in the game files"

They implemented the skill in the third patch, but I don't know if it works properly or if it is bugged yet, I don't care what is the current status of the skill but I don't trust so much in Cyanide work. Shameful that they have to patch a game three times in less than a month, and I can see many issues more important that need to be fixed than those they did. But, yeah!, you could still be paying 7-10 € per team... (So you will face mostly only to core teams). Cool game bro! Cool
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of good choices on a double for kroxigi, less so for sauruses.
madvig

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge would take him to his next skill roll.
Tackle or Diving tackle would just be awesome to keep players in his TZ, which is basicly what a big guy is supposed to do. Leader would (if you ask me) be a skill for another player on your team.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge is better in the long run (with break tackle, stand firm and guard in any order) and solid now. any of the other three (probably sf or guard) seems better for now
Medon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge + break tackle is a nice cage breaker combo. But do BB2 coaches actually know what a cage is? If not, it is a useless combo.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you see a bit of the split in coaching 'style' (ok I really mean ability, and not the ability of min0s, likely of the opposition he faces) between cyanide and fumbbl.

Of course we have differing opinions here, but taking blodge on a big guy just smacks of so much value here that it's often the default choice on 2 doubles (3 doubles in this case, pro is a common 2nd double skill for BGs as well).

Meanwhile, on cyanide, the quality of play is just poor. Yeah yeah, call me whatever names you want, I still speak the truth. I put on BB2 twitch streams a lot, just as back ground noise, but whenever I do pay attention, or engage in chat, the plays I see, the concepts of player development which get discussed, ...

Ok, so dodge on a big guy for cyanide doesn't seem worth it, because they just don't need it, the situations where it applies are far fewer than what we see with regularity on fumbbl. Now, I still think it's the best choice out of a bunch of other good choices (so there's not really a wrong answer here), but that's clearly colored by the number of matches I've played and watched here. Watching matches from BB2? I can't tell you what the best skill is, I almost want to say that it doesn't matter and you should take pass block!

Actually there's some truth there (though better if you have break tackle). People pass a lot more on cyanide, and having a krox who can reposition on a pass... yeah, who wouldn't want that actually?

So, I'm sticking with Dodge, Tackle or Diving Tackle are fine, so is skipping it for Guard or Stand Firm, you're going to have a great krox basically no matter which skill you choose, but the ultimate key is to appreciate what kinds of teams you face (league vs. ladder) and what kind of plays your opponents usually make.

Your krox can go either way, and be an even better blitzer with legit cage breaking ability (st5 vs st4 is huge here), or he can be your 3rd road block gumming up the pitch with his st5 and tail. Now, frankly, I still think Dodge helps for either of those cases, but moreso for the first, if cyanide has correctly implemented the relationship dodge and break tackle should have, I'm not sure they have, but I've never seen anyone try it either.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle!
Min0s

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

What Licker said about BB2 players is mostly true. Most of the teams I face, the opponent is clearly a new BB player and even if I'm not a great player myself (never played the table game, only the first cyanide game for a while) I utterly destroy most of the teams I face. Most of my opponents can't prioritize actions so either they end up with turnovers with their team really bad positioned or they stack RRs like crazy and I end up having a way better team with same TV.
About said TV, they don't know how to manage it and I can't tell how many time I face bashy teams with a lot of supleants or teams keeping lvl 3 or 4 ball handlers without any double/St incr while the rest of their team is underleveled. In an open league when you don't have any monetary issue (I litterally spend all my money over 150k to keep my TV low on players I fire immediatly...) this is stupid to keep this kind of players.
So far I've only lost a couple of games to good players and in that I include the automatic concede I did against 2 or 3 chaos teams full of claws (I respect the bashing game but I'm not into seeing my whole team destroyed for the sake of winning the match if I can avoid it...).

The main issue of BB2 (as opposite to BB1 chaos edition) is the real lack of teams. They offer a really poor powl of teams and among them only a couple are played. I mostly face chaos and orc teams (luckily they don't know how to play and they end up being the ones bashed :p) and barely see any Wood/high elves or Breton teams
Inforthepain

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge
Diving Tackle
Tackle

Any of them works.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Saurus were invented by GW.

Preposterous. The Old Ones made the Sauraii to protect them from the Younger Races. GW was just an evolutionary fart that came aeons later. A series of mutations gone awry, long after the Old Ones had left. Who cares what us Humans, with our credulous "linguistics", chose to call them. Reading up on your celestial history will help you understand. You can also confer with the thesaurus (you think this word is a coincidence?).

In fact I have multiple Thesaurii on my desk right here!
 Jump to: