17 coaches online • Server time: 05:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Tilean teams use inducement money to buy mercs other than the Tilean Lineman position? Coudln't seen an answer for this anywhere but haven't looked too deeply

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnian teams are the 9th to reach 100 games
win percentage 65.5
avergae cas for and against 2.1 1.92

one of the best winning records to date.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Can Tilean teams use inducement money to buy mercs other than the Tilean Lineman position? Coudln't seen an answer for this anywhere but haven't looked too deeply

It can be used in the same way as any other team can.
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
jdmickleburgh wrote:

It can be used in the same way as any other team can.

Great. In my first game with Tilea I was playing uphill so hired a dwarf lineman. Nice to know that was legal.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a Tilean team for a while (slightly different rules, but pretty similar).

I started with a Halfling, human blitzer, 2 dwarf slayers (ok you can't do this) a dwarf longbeard and a Norse Lineman. They really struggled. Then I swapped the halfling for an Ogre (which again would put you slightly over budget) and they're doing so much better. Like an instant change in fortune. Which is a bit strange for an AV7 team, that usually struggle with progress.

So my experience is that you really need to make a strong backbone with your Dogs/Mercs.
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

After seeing a post on here yesterday about good alignment pact, I went snow troll, tree, ogre. The OP chose high elf blitzer but I need my stunty fix so took HE lineman and a fling. 3 big guys is formidable LOS and the plan is to make a throw/catch pair with elf and fling. Luckily you'd want a decent spread of normal rolls on the elf lineman (block, dodge, sure hands etc) so the lack of pass hopefully won't matter.

How've you built your linemen mouse? Same as most cheap linos: block/wrestle then tackle/fend? AV7 would incline me to fend but big guys need the double for tackle which I guess you took on your non-Tileans.

A very interesting roster with loads of possibilities.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

building a halfing catcher would be very cool, catch diving catch, or hopefully +Ag really
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

My approach to Tilea was generally to minimize the tilean on the pitch, command a running game due to animosity, and stay away with squishy players.
- That ruled out big guys on price
- Ruled out stunties
- Downgraded catchers and throwers
I went for a tough line of: Dwarf blocker, Dwarf blitzer and Human lineman
Then i
- added an elf blitzer, who is the runner of the team.
- added norse berserker, who is the shortcut to pomb
- added norse and amazon linos, as they are amazing value

One could argue having a more expensive blitzer type like ulf instead of the berserker and a norse/amazon lino, or a big guy at the line over those 2, or over a human lino and the berserker, but the above setup makes tremendous sense to me.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:

How've you built your linemen mouse? Same as most cheap linos: block/wrestle then tackle/fend? AV7 would incline me to fend but big guys need the double for tackle which I guess you took on your non-Tileans.

I don't suggest to stack more than 1 skill on a MA 6 ST 3 AG 3 AV 7 player easily depitchable.
They are like Thralls, cheap disposable fodder players, so keep them cheap, they are fine with no skills or just 1 skill taken from : Wrestle; Block; Dirty Player.
The exception could be taking Leader to have a cheap re-roll.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Bretonnian teams are the 9th to reach 100 games
win percentage 65.5
avergae cas for and against 2.1 1.92

one of the best winning records to date.
1M gold: 4 Block/Dauntless, 3 Wrestle, all-Fend line.
Over time: 8x GS skills with a 1-skill head start, easily replaceable line players who start with Fend. 4x Dauntless, so that sorta solves the main problem Humans have. Oh, and the best players get Catch, which doesn't look like much but allows you to handoff to them without a TRR, making it easier to build them up. And it lets your other players pass to them in garbage time, getting a few free SPP.

It's just a very good team. I built one, but I feel like I'm being a little silly playing it outside of a tournament environment. And my hours of operation aren't conducive to tournaments. So I'll probably play something else.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I think they might be a little too good at low TV tbh, but this isn't my roster, its plasmoids with one change, my knights has S access instead of A access which is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on a fan roster. But I will leave it as is. its pretty clear that its mega strong starter roster.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it'll stay mega-strong at mid-high TV (up to about 1800). Ever play no-Mutation, all-Marauders Pact? It's a pretty strong roster. Now give it skills.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

its not quite the same as pact, but yeah I agree it will be good. I certainly think it is too good for something that could possibly become official if GW decide to use the awful Khorne and Bret rosters cyanide use, lets just hope they don't.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the process for creating a secret league team? I understand its not the standard procedure. Also do you need the [SL] before the team name or is that for stunty leeg?
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
What is the process for creating a secret league team? I understand its not the standard procedure. Also do you need the [SL] before the team name or is that for stunty leeg?

create a team here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/createteam?op=race&league=10263

[SL] stands for Secret League and makes it easier to find matchups in the gamefinder.
 Jump to: