36 coaches online • Server time: 00:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the "great replays" wiki page (see my sig) is a good idea but isn't really catching on fire, so I thought I would start a thread here.

Request replays to help your strategy

In our TT league right now, we have one player who just dominates. It's his third time playing Dwarves, and he just piles guard on there one player after another. He's up to six Guards now after five games, and I guarantee by our next game it'll be eight or nine and probably some Dauntless too.

My Necro team is pathetic against him. He just stomps all over the zombies, Flesh Golems and Wights. I'm left with a few mobile, fragile players to try to outrun him, but he's got enough 6MA players to keep a decent kill zone around the ball.

My replay request:

Necromancer vs. Dwarf games in the 140-170 TR range. Especially interested in games vs. Dwarf teams with tons of Guard.

Please answer in this thread and post your own requests!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm good idea!, i want to see any games where halflings won with tr about 200 and TS about 150 cause i am findiong it harder and harder to win Sad
Markusen

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

But that doesn't count for Halflings only. From my experiance, every AV7-team and teams focused on a little few players have the problem, that they cannot continusly stay successful with TR 200 or higher. Mostly they are just beaten up and you loose your best players soon. Has anybody seen a legendary Norse (except a Big Guy)? New Players are cheap for them, but you all know how hard it is to get your simple Lineman some experience in a team playing in higher TR's...

Play vs Dwarves with tons of Guards... 1.Rule: Make your TD's!!! Then try to put the carrier under pressure before the cage is build. If that fails just stay away one field from Dwarf cages and hope for a mistake of your opponent to attack the carrier. Let him make his TD in first half and do not defend to your own blood (you rarely see dwarf blood on the field). In second half you should defend the same way till around 4th turn. Then you have to risk more to get the ball. Be not afraid of a 1:2-Block (spare a RR for that). You won't get many chances to attack the carrier vs a good Dwarv coach - so take your chance! If the ball is free, try to get as many players around the ball, of course. Or, if the ball is in a good position to pick up, but there's no way to go, throw the ball into an empty area in opponents half. Usually Dwarves are bulked around their ball carrier, so, they will need 2 turns to get the ball back. If you're lucky, one of your faster players can pick up the ball again the next turn before any Dwarv could reach the area.
But, indeed, you need a little luck to stay vs an army of Guard-Dwarves...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A rule of thumb:
Stalling is great against dwarves.

Make you TD at turn 4 and watch them struggle to tie in half 1.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

also dodge out 1 square, and move your defence back by 1-2 squares every turn (might not work with necromantic though). and a nice combo is the leap/strip ball approach if u get lucky... means that u can always pose a threat sorta... again, not necromantic...

why not catch the players not involved in the cage, and chain push and frenzy them out of the pitch... u will get lucky occassionally and injure some, and he will end up with very few players... a more necromantic approach!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:
But that doesn't count for Halflings only. From my experiance, every AV7-team and teams focused on a little few players have the problem, that they cannot continusly stay successful with TR 200 or higher. Mostly they are just beaten up and you loose your best players soon. Has anybody seen a legendary Norse (except a Big Guy)? New Players are cheap for them, but you all know how hard it is to get your simple Lineman some experience in a team playing in higher TR's...

My skaven enjoy tremendous success above TR 200. Just don't ask me for above TR 250, b/c I can reach there on occasion but promptly get beat back down again. As to the Norse, if you look in the all-time top 10, you'll see there has never been a Norse legend, not even the mino big guy. A few close, but they haven't played in a while. But keep your eyes out on Lord_Makari's lineman, he's at 126 and rising fast, with his eyes set on becoming the first!

Jump to: