25 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I really like the concept and rationale. I think this is a good shout for an additional roster.

Who are you and what have you done with the real harvestmouse?

harvestmouse wrote:
I really like the work you have put in here. Well done.

Seriously? This is literally Aflo's stunty roster with Apprentices in place of the Homunculi. Well, he also dropped the Mephits as well.

I mean, the roster is decent, but let's give credit where it's due.

Well, I didn't recognise it as such and credit should be given.

I think I know both environments well (Stunty and Secret) and what rosters and ideas work in both. I think the idea of wizards in Stunty was a good one, with a FFV style wizard visually appealing.

https://img.pngio.com/download-black-mage-black-mage-final-fantasy-png-image-with-no-black-mage-png-237_354.png

And would have worked well. However the look is covered in familiars,

https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/hu/9aaz10c7u1ew.jpg

(See red guy but more particularly blue guy)

which has the background in the warhammer universe too; unlike the wizard roster. There you already have a concept of why a wizard would look 'stunty'.

Where this version covers a Warhammer aspect. For all the original rosters for Secret League we used established Warhammer troop types or Blood Bowl teams/rosters/fluff that were no longer around. This fits that theme.

I like that the linemen are not overdescribed however different because they come with right stuff; with good description reasoning.

Anyway hopefully that answers your 'seriously?'
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

GnoblarBezer wrote:
If anyone is willing to make some icons and pics for this roster I'd be very grateful and will happily donate some cash to the site as payment. Smile

Unfortunately this is where most of the work lies; making icons, portraits, colouring portraits and logos.

There were some 'religious' icons here https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13977

However the appear to have long gone. They may have worked for you. I'm not sure I have them to be honest.
Amon242

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a suggestion is to break those mages into two positional - perhaps something like hypno, disPres, leap, then another bomb, stab, ttm on the other for example . Adds more flexibility to adjust stats as well with out going op. At the 120k 2st 7av price point those mages will probably be missing games, dead, or have -stats and will be hard to keep this team running into late game dynamics.

Also most BB teams have 2 skilled / 1 big /1 lino positional anyway.

appreciate the effort on this and hopefully you can get something off the ground
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul Appearance also is a skill that would fit certain mages. It would in case be a magic disturbance, but with the same effect...
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
GnoblarBezer wrote:
If anyone is willing to make some icons and pics for this roster I'd be very grateful and will happily donate some cash to the site as payment. Smile

Unfortunately this is where most of the work lies; making icons, portraits, colouring portraits and logos.

Fortunately I had some time off today: (Nice roster btw)
Golem

Wizard

Apprentice

Race logos
192 px
128 px
96 px
64 px
48 px
32 px
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Frylen wrote:

Fortunately I had some time off today: (Nice roster btw)

Wow wow wow, these are freaking incredible! Thank you so so much Frylen, I'm very glad you had some free time Smile

I will add these to the OP when I get home tonight and will bump a donation when payday comes.

Cheers
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw, nice one Frylen Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2020 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just finished the first ever test game for the roster and it was a super fun game. Very crazy as I knew it would be. Fireballs all over the show!

The team and icons made by Frylen look absolutely awesome and the 'spells' work and feel wizardy. Everything seems to be working as intended and the Throw Team Mate ability to launch the lineman is super fun and unique.

Burnsy87 (my opponent) had a minor suggestion that maybe the wizards go down to MV5 but we will do some more test games before making a decision. If you fancy having a test game you can create a team here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/createteam?op=race&league=12266

Let me know if you do! (We need at least 2 more to have a small tournament or you can just have individual matches)
johniemi78

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2020 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting a team now, the replay looked so fun. And besides, never played a team with Hypnogaze, TTM or Bombardier on anyone so this may be a good way to start learning to utilise those skills Smile
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've just been doing research and I saw that the new wizard inducement is supposed to have the ZAP spell to turn opponent player into a frog for a drive https://fumbbl.com/help:InducementList

" Zap: - Not currently implemented
Pick a player on the pitch, and roll one dice. If the score is equal to or higher than the target players Strength then they are turned into a frog for the remainder of the drive. 1 Always fails, 6 always succeeds, if the frog is injured at any time it is counted as Badly Hurt and the player misses the rest of the game."

Image Frog Stats: MA5 ST1 AG4 AV4 - Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Stunty, Titchy, Very Long Legs A/GSP 30k

As such I think that it would make sense to have a 'frog' positional on this team. Maybe some apprentices transmogrification spell practice went wrong and turned them permanently into sentient frogs. I love this idea as it fits the theme and it's working off something thats now in the core game! Is the icons and portraits done for this?

What do you guys think about that? Maybe reduce the Wizards to 0-3 and have 0-3 frogs?

Last edited by Gnoblar on Feb 18, 2020 - 18:00; edited 2 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to reduce the Wizards. Just add 0-2 or 0-4 frogs.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
No need to reduce the Wizards. Just add 0-2 or 0-4 frogs.

I've gone for 0-4 frogs after a fun game with gamesetlmatch and will keep the wizards 0-4!

Is the cost of 30k appropriate?
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The crazy idea would be to: Give the wizards roster the ability to necromance/Nurgle rot and add frog as the “raised positional”. Then add the frog position to the roster and set the amount to 0.

Fluff wise it would mean that the wizards never fragged you they just frogged you
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Frylen wrote:
The crazy idea would be to: Give the wizards roster the ability to necromance/Nurgle rot and add frog as the “raised positional”. Then add the frog position to the roster and set the amount to 0.

Fluff wise it would mean that the wizards never fragged you they just frogged you

That's actually amazing. At the very beginning I considered a necro but that is so anti-fluff but now that suggestion is amazing!

The player didn't die, just got turned into a frog haha.

I'll have a look at implementing it. Thanks Frylen!

I will consider making them unhireable but for now they can still be rostered just so we can test them out.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be tempted to add disposable to them. No hands, twitchy, and Str 1 makes for VERY little it can do, even if it's agi 4, stunty, and leapy.
 Jump to: