28 coaches online • Server time: 00:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Got one of the two mummies on my Undead team niggled on the fourth block of the whole game this afternoon.

Which is the fortunes of war, I suppose. made_of_metal is a good coach and took my retaliatory gotta-foul-your-minotaur-to-even-things-up in good spirits.

But my next game in this tournament... is against the Khemri.

WHOA NO!

What the heck can a one-mummy undead team do against the Khemri?

My survival strategy at the moment was to take Kick on my zombie that skilled up and hopefully they'll never pick up the ball. And Frenzy on the surviving mummy to hopefully cut a swath through his skeletons. But that mummy doesn't even have block yet, so it should be a (gulp) short game...

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

foul the shit out of his mummies, and hopefully enough players will get ejected that you dont have to worry about injuries......

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Colin

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Protect you Mummy, kick deep, place your prayers in Regenerate, and of course concentrate on the ball - get a draw at least. If the worst comes to the worst, zombies are cheap so you'll at least be able to field a team the game after...

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
retaliatory gotta-foul-your-minotaur-to-even-things-up in good spirits.

You knew that this will happen, don't you? Razz

you don't even need one mummy at all Laughing
made_of_metal

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a few kicks in the head will calm down that mino. He was so wild that he could not even blitz.
And i hope you can survive the khemri, i know my AV7 norse are not looking forward to playing them.
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore his mummies, run from them, and kill everyone else! You should have better AV than most.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2005 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinions: Let 4 zombies stick to the mummies like glue... At 30k a piece you can afford to lose a few... use your ghouls//wights//mummy to bash up anything that comes near and play with the ball.. and sacrifice plenty of virgines to nuffle for good fortune

Post   Posted: May 08, 2005 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As everyone else said:

Buy two more zombies, sacrifice them to Nuffle and the 4 mummies, give the ball to your blodging sidestepper and then: Run Shepherd, run! Hopefully your team won't be totally smadret after the match Wink
Shepherd

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, wish me luck! I'm going in tonight... yikes!!!!

I think the advice here is sound and overwhelmingly uniform. I'm not a big-league fouler (nothing against a good tactical foul now and again, but I can't afford to lose zombies to IGMEOY AND mummy-blows, and yes, I'm aware that the first may help me avoid the second, but I have to knock the &^%$ mummies down first and I have never gotten worse than a KO fouling, it doesn't agree with me) so I think +zombies, and avoid-avoid-avoid.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Trif:
foul the shit out of his mummies

ROFL - i feel of my chair laughing Smile
Awsome strategy man, i love it...
Very well put Wink

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, guys!

I survived the match. In fact, I capitalized on his bad luck for a decisive win, following the strategies outlined above (including a well-timed and very lucky foul!)

Woohoo!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

this does mean however there could be a whole new string of threads about "getting advice from the forum to win a match: cheating or part of the game?"

Rolling Eyes heh

Jump to: