22 coaches online • Server time: 07:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moik

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypno Gaze
"Instead of a Block (but can move before performing it) makes 1 agility roll with a -1 modifier for each possible "Marking" suffered. If successful, the target loses its tackle zone. May not move after taking the Special Action."

What are special actions? Blitz?

When it sez 1 agility roll, what is the required result for success?

I read someone was able to blitz -> perform a block -> then run somewhere else to hypno gaze is this possible?

Can I hypno gaze and make a block afterwards?

Thanks hehe so confuzed
EinVoegleinImWind

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypnotic Gaze is a special action (so an action a player can take instead of the usual move or block actions) which allows you to move and try to hypnotize an enemy player at the end of the move.
The roll necessary for sucess is the agility stat from the player (so 2+ for Vampires) with a modifier of -1 per tacklezone the player is in WITHOUT counting the tacklezone of the target itself.

This is the whole action the player is taking in their turn, so no, you cannot block afterwards or combine it with a blitz.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypnogaze itself is the Special Action, so you if you declare a Hypnogaze action all you can do is move and/or use Hypnogaze, and you can move before but not after the Hypnogaze.

Can't use it on a Block or Blitz as those are separate Actions.

The required roll for success is the active player's AG score; 2+ for all the Vampires, with a -1 modifier on the roll for each set of opponent's players' tackle zones you are standing in at the time you perform the Hypnogaze. (Note that the model you are targeting does not apply this modifier)

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Ninja'd!
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the actions a player may perform :
-Move
-Pass
-Hand-off
-Throw Team-mate
-Block
-Blitz
-Foul
-Special action (granted by a Skill or Trait).

If a player declares a Special action, they can only perform this Special action and no other action in the same turn. That said, Hypnotic Gaze Special action includes Movement (this is stated in Hypnotic Gaze Trait's description). So a player performing an Hypnotic Gaze Special action may move before to hypnotize but they can't Pass, Hand-off, Throw Team-mate, Block, Blitz nor Foul. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you EinVoegleinImWind, Jayward and sebco! Awesome thanks taking a vamp team blind into a tournament haha hope it works out so little media to reference T_T
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Note also that Special Actions, Blocks and Blitzes can all be prevented by Foul Appearance (whereas Foul, which isn't a Special Action, can't, just in case you find yourself needing to put the boot into a Bloater while it's on the floor...) which can lead to more potential turnovers, as the Vamp's activation would end as soon as it fails FA (I'm not sure if that means it can still bite an adjacent thrall if it fails FA, or if that's straight to turnover...)