46 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeriliKirico

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What if Juggernaut could completely negate Guard when blitzing? Makes perfect sense fluff-wise (inertia is so huge the player breaks through all the assisting buddies and rams straight into its target), could give an otherwise unpopular skill a second life - and would allow an additional tool to breach these cages which are now much harder to breach due to huge nerfs to Leap and Break Tackle, and introduction of Defensive (which combines with Guard exceptionally well on high-ST pieces).

So, everything works exactly the same, but as if Guard wasn't there. You still need to mark the pieces with Guard skill to prevent them getting "normal" assists to your target.

What do you think?
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd take Jugger on a leap-strip elf catcher in a heartbeat at that, 1d all day no matter your TV.

I think I'd take Jugger on a dauntless (or horns, for Underworld) stunty, only titchy's miss out. No guards is again 1d hits on the ball all day.

And yeah, it'd also help Rat Ogres and Minotaurs and various other things pile in, and be extra nice to pair with Defensive and Guard on those players as already makes them quite tricky to deal with.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut is not unpopular skill.

It already cancels enough skills.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
I think I'd take Jugger on a leap-strip elf catcher in a heartbeat at that, 1d all day no matter your TV.

I think I'd take Jugger on a dauntless (or horns, for Underworld) stunty, only titchy's miss out. No guards is again 1d hits on the ball all day.

And yeah, it'd also help Rat Ogres and Minotaurs and various other things pile in, and be extra nice to pair with Defensive and Guard on those players as already makes them quite tricky to deal with.

Would that be such a problem? Or wouldn't it be for the better? As currently options to break cages decreased, so this will open a few more passages may be?

Stunties and elves die easily, so we are talking about a player that needs a lot of SPPs to build, for a dangerous job of going into a crowd of enemies to be hit and fouled (or maim themselves in case of failed dodge/leap).

As for the other case, Juggernaut could not be allowed on pieces with Defensive or Guard any longer; again, fluff-wise, makes sense: a player who is so much tailored for attacking, bashing, pushing around things isn't that good at defense, they just got a very different mindset.

Last edited by SeriliKirico on %b %18, %2024 - %09:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
SeriliKirico

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Juggernaut is not unpopular skill.

It already cancels enough skills.

That's debatable. In how many matches starting, say, 1500TV, do you see that skill on an opposition player? Especially as a full-price skill. Every other one? Every fourth? Every tenth? It's very niche skill which may be taken on very specific pieces later in development, I believe.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I take it on every rat ogre I have.

Its also starting skill for Khorne, your suggestion makes guard only optional for 5 players on Khorne team.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like Defensive negating Guard when blitzing (but not blocking, because then it could be too good).
About Juggernaut: I try to get it on at least one player on every Elven team I have.
If I have enough games to get Block on a Frenzy Big Guy I go for it, but otherwise Juggernaut is very common on Frenzy Big Guys.
Juggernaut is not a so niche skill, in my opinion.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say Juggernaut is fine. I'm not a bash coach but I feel like putting something like that on brawler would maybe make it not so terrible. Still useful for big guys and scrums but it's still worse than block for actual hitting.
Cicuit

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This would not help you to breach the cage, as it still would require you to dodge into 3 tackle zones. Finding blocks on the ball carrier is not the biggest problem, as wrestle+SB/tackle player would still be efficient even on 2 red dice.
 Jump to: