33 coaches online • Server time: 01:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You changed your behavior in an ethically neutral way, so you could fit in with the Warhammer kids, in the hopes that a publicly traded corporation would treat you with more respect? I mean, isn't half the appeal of BB that weird "you thought you could ignore us, but..." schadenfreude?

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m a lolbertarian for that.
Aos is because I started in the 80s playing 40k and WFB before moving to better games. Gnomes are an insult to bb players. So I hunt them for spp and laughs. The clever coach got me good, so I kill them now. i goblin-fouled his tree to death. 😂
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

They're not worse than Goblins, man. Who cares if teams that are advertised as advanced and underpowered are just that?

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:
Gnomes are an insult to bb players.
This is a "you" problem

Ranzimus wrote:
So I hunt them for spp and laughs.
This is you *being* a problem
Drrek

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes are bad, but stunties are supposed to be bad and at least GW tried to do something newish with them, even if I agree they end up being a pretty pointless add.

In terms of things that convince me that GW doesn't know what its doing with BB, gnomes won't even crack top 10.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually quite like that they intentionally did not try to make blood bowl balanced. Some teams are intended to be much worse than others but its not like that is a hidden fact. The only teams that you can't, with basic game knowledge, look at and tell are awful are probably Imp Nobs and Khorne. And Nobs aren't *that* bad.
It allows coaches to advertise they aren't taking the game as seriously or give themselves a challenge while having a more flexible design space. And the skill packaging system for tournaments feels alot better than when you have to do something similar for a "balanced" GW product. Those tiering systems feel way more subjective.
All in all, I think most people are intrigued by the design of the gnome team, even if they aren't that good initially. They do look like a squad that has a shot of being a menace with the right skill packages (grom dauntless anyone??).
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

saying weak game design is ok, is part of the problem.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude: try "Chess" or "Go" if you want balanced game design.
(not to mention that EVEN these are not balanced - but this might overtax you)

Didn't you learn anything about BB in nearly 20 years?
strange...
Drrek

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind the intentionally bad teams in blood bowl. They generally try to do something fun with them (like secret weapons), and provide a challenge for people who want that. Gnomes don't end up doing enough interesting for me compared to the other stunties, personally, but GW trying to find interesting new ways to do stunties is fine.
MiniMorg

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lol blood bowl is not meant to be a balenced game

would you have preferd a team that is more op than underworld

"kemri with 6 tomb gardians"
MiniMorg

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:
my last game against gnomes, all four of my orc blitzers levelled up, If you see my orcs, please offer a game.

like dorfs vs snots is a fair match
Carthage

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:
saying weak game design is ok, is part of the problem.

Its not weak game design though. Its intentional. If GW was trying to make a balanced game and came up with blood bowl then yeah thats a weak design.
Making intentionally strong options and intentionally weak options isn't inherently wrong.
Even in chess, you could do a bongcloud opening. That's really not that different from choosing Goblins and taking on an Orc team.
There are weak game designs within blood bowl (BB2020 passing for instance), but this isn't one of them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's easier to make an unbalanced game design than a balanced one, then the "unbalance by design" can be used as an excuse for creating bad rosters.
Of course Gnomes are a Stunty roster and they are supposed to be hard to play, but how much hard? Should they be as hard to play as they are? Or could they be a bit better?
There are many nuances of bad. They could be better with default Dodge and G access, for instance (they could be blodged up, but, since they are squishy, it would be still hard to spam Blodge or Wrodge due to attrition killing/crippling them). The Illusionists could have either default Pass or Sure Hands or On the Ball or Hypnotic Gaze.
They could have 2 Contraptions (faster than MA 2) instead of 2 Treemen.
Just some examples.
That said, if you don't like Gnomes, just don't play them.
I understand that you find sad that the roster sucks (I'd like more balance amongst rosters and better Stunty teams as well), but since you are not forced to play it, it should not be a big issue for you.
GW won't change it just because you play vs them on Gamefinder.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %25, %2024 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my league mate and through my hubris and his cleverness, he got the draw. I told him this thread will benefit from his insight. Other league mates spectated too. 🍻

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2024 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I am mostly commenting that GW creating bad rules in BB is not good and disrespectful. Not complaining that gnomes suck. I am annoyed that they are foolish and that is all GW cares about bloodbowl. I hate waiting for “trickster” each time before I break the little guy, but I like leveling up my big uns . I don’t play hoop wearing slides and I will not play gnomes. Also, white is overpowered in chess. Smile