28 coaches online • Server time: 12:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would propose to save the games more often. I don´t if there are any programming reasons, but at least, after a TD is scored and the KO-rolls have been made.
Ii just lost a game due to a connection-breakdown just after halftime. In the original game, I had some lucky with the KO-rolls, giving me my ogre and a beastman, while he had only one of his 2 guys back.
Well, after the reload, I got from my three guys none, and he got both.
The cas I scored due to the reload didn´t help me either, because of the lack of strenght and numbers combined with bad luck I was overwhelmed and trashed.
This is not the first time, this happens, and it SUCKS.
So I don´t know, but it would be best, if a game would be saved, as soon, as an action has finished. Perhaps a log of every action could be written in the background. If a game breaks down, and is reloaded, the both logs are compared and the game is resumed from the last point, where the logs matched.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been asked before, and while skijunkie would like to have it save after each random action, and plans to do that in the future, any additional work on the save game system would require a lot of time that he just doesn't have right now.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Logic - when this happens to me I make an agreement with my opponent that we will try and reload until the results are close enough to the original game. Both coaches must "OK" the results of the reload. It's a pain cause sometimes we've reloaded 3-4 times but at least there are no bitter feelings by either party at the end of the game.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if alot of things happen... I guess we would have to reload about 50 time (I BHed a dwarf in the last turn).
That´s not really practible
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2003 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've done it a few times already against fair minded coaches so, yes, it is practicle.

Jump to: