18 coaches online • Server time: 07:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we have a league to experiment with our own ideas for team rosters?
Yes, I've got a few ideas
37%
 37%  [ 35 ]
Yes, I'm interested in testing out other people's ideas
29%
 29%  [ 28 ]
No, I have Metathesiophobia
32%
 32%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 94

fly

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

bump

Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Hunter i have been wondering why there isn't a Big Guy League on Fumbbl. I remember some pretty well tested rules coming out for Big Guys even though they were essentially lino teams and the development would be pretty slow. It'd be great to see some of the touchdowns that would come about
Andariel

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i think you have said just about anything...

Just to balance things a bit more, i think it would be better that teams were 'voted' before they went into the league, that way there would be no teams spoiling all the fun Laughing

Thats all for now, keep up the good work, looking foward to it Wink
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yep. i submitted a news article for the main page so hopefully that will be put up so everyone can see it. they are the rules i would like to see implemented but maybe not to everyones taste! basically if this league was made, you could run bigguy leagues in a group, or run an all chaos greater demon tourney or skaven clan league. the only limit is your imagination.

how would someone get in touch with the BBRC? like would someone email them and tell them what is being proposed in the forum?? cos im computer illeteriate(?) Smile
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

submitting news articles is not the way to go about asking for new features

we have seen this thread many times along with the one from force asking for a no aging thread

there are other leagues already (the MMBL2) which has over 70 rosters already FUMBBL is a league that uses the official rules (and offical experimental rules) so I can't see this happening, for reasons posted on the other thread

There is nothing stopping you making your own rosters and playing them off FUMBBL either and keeping track of them how ever you feel like

(and don't bring up the stunty division because i think that should get deleted as well)
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1119
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the idea of a testing bed region for basically doing research for suggesting team fixes so we coulkd turn round for the next year hot list and sya we have played 200 test games with the xperimental team you relased we found that they performed xbadly due to flaws and limitations but these 3 potential fixes make them competetive yet different

and so on,

so for instance khemri could be toned down and vamps toned up there.
i like,

as for a new division make an Iron legion one, No rerolls, No apothecaries, itd be different (my little league based on those rules is wierd) (sorry for off topic meander_)

XXXtreme ball with added XX
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno... this might be controversial (and not meant to upset anyone) but i feel that most people would like to see this kind of a league (according to the poll (65%-35%)) but the main guys at the top dont really want a league of this sort. that is ok by me as they have worked hard for this site and feel that they should have the final say on anything (which they should have). Fumbbl is the only online league that i am on beacause of the speed of matches, which i believe it is the perfect medium for playtesting. personally i dont like the pbem tool so i dont use it at all... i cant do very much with websites so i thought fumbbl would be perfect to house such a thing...

the news that i submitted (if it had been displayed) would have detailed a league that would only have done good for the game and the playing experience of those on fumbbl. the rosters that would have been used would have been sensible ones (variants on the human team etc,) which we could produce to BBRC and say "look, we did a bit of testing on some popular custom teams, they have decent fluff and from our playtesting they appear to be well balanced compared to the other LRB teams". if BBRC decided not to use the rosters then fair enough, they would still be balanced and would be enjoyed by those used on fumbbl.

i believe that everyone is allowed their own opinion and not everyone will like the idea but if the top guys on fumbbl dont want this league to be made then i guess that is the way it has to be.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ok ok... i just read force's topic.... ill stop now Embarassed
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont know what topic this should go on so ill just say it here. in my house league/tournament im playing in they have a nice vampire team but they fixed OFAB by doing it before every drive and it doesnt hurt thralls. its just that if they fail the roll before the drive they are in the crouds sucking necks. i thought that this made them much better but not too strong cause they could only get 2 vampires and the rest of the team was basic undead, 0-12 zombies 0-4 wights and ghouls. i hope this can be helpful information.
My 2 Cents
~IvanTheCow
 Jump to: