41 coaches online • Server time: 14:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the admin of the Axis & Allies group, in which ChickenBrain's withdrew from a league division and caused oeuftete to get riled up about this issue in the first place. From my experience in A&A, I agree with psikobunny that group admins should take a bit more care in allowing members into their group. Nevertheless, sometimes life intervenes, as it has with one or two in my group, and sometimes a previously respected FUMBBL identity throws a short-term hissy fit and storms off in a huff, like CB did (I forgive you mate!).

Ideally, I would like to see a few more features implemented for groups, although I realise us snivelling peasants don't deserve such wondrous gifts from the hard-working admins! I would like to be able to substitute a team in a tournament at any stage - perhaps through a Replace link in the tournament team list, similar to where the Kick link is in the overall group team list. I'm not sure how difficult this would be... I hope it would be doable.
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice, if possible, for the league commish to be able to force a concede out of teams that don't play in time. In effect this would mean that the team that recieves the WO gets winnings and MVPs while the team not showing up suffers all the negative effects of a concede. Think of it as if the concede had come on the very first turn.

Yes, this can be abused... but you shouldn't play in a league where you don't trust the commish anyway...

Just my 17 öre.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've bitched about this on mIRC already to the admins. People are gonna stop playing tournaments/leagues cause they are tired of making up teams that play 4 games and get retired when the tourney dies.

I say don't use the league/tourney feature in FUMBBL anymore. Run your leagues "off-line" and set the schedules manually. That way if some lame ass drops, you either change the schedule or bring in a replacement team. I'm seeing more coaches (Devante/Ludakk) go this route. The BFL has already had people bail, but bacause Ludakk runs it outside of FUMBBL, the whole league wasn't penalized.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Before thinking punishments we need a way to drop out teams from tournaments in a way that it will ruin games of some others. Some way to re-scheduele games not yet played after deleting teams from tournament team lists would be nice. There would prolly be minor details like some of the teams playing twice in round robin, but I think we could live with that better than having unplayed games.
golroc

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How about having information available from the coach screen which lists tournaments the coach has quit prematurely. Tournament organizers can thus check up on applicants, and from the prior history make a judgement whether to include them or not. This would that people who quit, will have trouble getting into other tourneys.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the words "house rule" are touchy around here, but I saw one for a tabletop league, that I think might be implemented here and could solve many problems. The league had a standing rule that if someone dropped midseason, then his future opponents got a bye week. The game went unplayed, but any mng players had a chance to rest and could be active in the next round. If a tourney admin could do this, then there would be a minor gain for the game missed, and no need to reschedule.

golroc's idea has merit, but only if the information displayed all tournaments played in, with results like eliminated, advanced, and won; as well as the black mark of dropping out.
 Jump to: