25 coaches online • Server time: 14:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CptMofo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy.
I aint sure if this subject has been brought up before so here goes.

Now with the new value of each player and so on. It would be nice if coaches could be able to transfer players to others teams.
Selling and buying players. Now I realise that this may lead to some cheating that Coach X that has two amazingly strong teams decides to help his buddy Coach Y by selling 90 percent of his players for a meager price of 10k.
Now it could be handled that a moderator would look over each transfer to make sure its a valid one.

It would also need some restrictions for example. The Human team should not be able to buy a Mummy, or a Chaos Knight.

This would also give players that has a good team ,the suffered a major disaster in the last game of the tournament and lost 3 players that died. He has no cash. And he really needs to buy up his team again, so he pust one of his starplayer Catchers up for sale. Selling him for the price he is listed for approx 130K. Those money will give him a chance to not only buy a new Catcher, but also a lineman. Surely he looses some skills but gains up some new players.

It would give a new dimension to the game, one that naturally can be exploited by powergamers.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea!

Who wants my STR4 MA8 shadowing dark elf blitzer... starting bid is 200k. This could be funny, some tranfer system for making bids and stuff.

Cheers

PS: player is NOT for sale!!! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

not going to happen, its open to too much abuse

just like bounties
roos

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

In open, it would never work, but why not allow it in (T), if the tournament in question allows it. I'd love that.

/Roos
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

that's a good idea Roos, allow it as an option to be set in the tournament league, this could be set by the group owner.

I completely agree with Grumbledook that it will be abused in the open / div-x.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't but agree aswell.
The reason I brought it up is that I would love to see it used in my own tournament that I have.
The moderator of the group or something like that would have to oversee the Transfers..
Unless there are some coded restrictions implemented to avoid the Wood Elves from buying that Mummy. Or Minotaur.

But it would be a great addition to Div T atleast...

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe just saw the new value for my 9 3 5 7 Leap, Block, Dodge, Sure Feet, Strip Ball, Tackle wardancer is 290k!!!
i guess this tells me how good he is!

PS he aint for sale either!! Smile
Slim-Shady

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see how it could be open to abuse... but what if the adjusted cost was the price - period? If there was no room for negotiation in the matter the fairness of the transactions would increase. Although mod involvement is probably going to be a must, which might considerably increase their workloads.

Another way this could be used that I was thinking about the other day is with niggled players. Whenever a player retires one of his team members w/o taking on a coach that player could enter a 'FREE AGENTS' list. That S2 niggled Black Orc might not seem that great to you, but at 25k (just guessing) with Block and Tackle he might seem like a great asset to a newly formed team.

This would probably have to be limited to players from currently active teams, but could be interesting. Often in the sports world players that were team mates at one time can easily find themselves on opposite sides.
odi

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it would work. Not many teams have the money to buy one player for close to 200k. It could be fun in a closed tournament, but then again, in a closed turnament. There aren't that many coaches who would buy a used up has been wardancer Smile If there was a trading system, it would have to be an auction, with starting bids being almost the players value. So no one could sell players cheaply to their other teams, or friends.
knottt

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
I don't think it would work. Not many teams have the money to buy one player for close to 200k. It could be fun in a closed tournament, but then again, in a closed turnament. There aren't that many coaches who would buy a used up has been wardancer Smile If there was a trading system, it would have to be an auction, with starting bids being almost the players value. So no one could sell players cheaply to their other teams, or friends.

we want a trading like that =)
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the trading at the (worth) price would be perfect and i know i would use it. For either dirt cheap used up players and for selling my own well groomed players for lots of money.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I've said this before somewhere, but rather than divT (not really enough teams in a tourney), this would only really fit in an entirely new division.

And there's no point having auctions or whatever, just sell the player for the value he is listed at and ONLY that value.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Once again, this has been discussed in many other threads, and you can read those for the reasons it won't be happening.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: