18 coaches online • Server time: 04:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2007 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

/me hates idiot Blood Bowl commisionners that make cretinistic interpretations of the rules.

Especially since somehow they tend to benefit themselves most of the time.

I had to quit my IRL league due to one such commish.

But luckily, there was Fumbbl!

I suggest you either get this moron removed, or else quit and just play here instead. Life is too short to suffer fools.

p.s. ask him to site the passage where it says Mighty Blow adds to the d6 Casualty Table roll. Tell us his response. I for one am quite interested in whatever raving gibberish he might come up with.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed - replace him. Or, if not possible, get an all Dp team and claim the +2 affects cas table and proceed to destroy his team.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Agreed - replace him. Or, if not possible, get an all Dp team and claim the +2 affects cas table and proceed to destroy his team.

devilishly sweet!
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I remember in LRB 3 they had the 1-3 bh 4-5 SI, and 6 RIP table in the book, but on the reference sheets it was 10=bh 11= si 12= RIP.

But yeah, you are right.

But you made up the reasons to fight
hauge

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the CAS-table was first introduced in LRB 4 (i think), it was however used widely in LRB 3 as a house-rule... Invented by a clever Norwegian named Sigurd, and later adopted by GW as an official rule... Ahh, the days where you got +2 AND +2 to both armour and injury rolls with DP... Thank god they are over...

Either sack they commish of your league, or how about making him call the trolls at GW - ask them for a ruling... I've done that in the past to stupid opponents who couldn't read the rules properly... If he still can't see sense, I'd stop playing him, now and always...

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:

He uses hobbits. Not much use of it, especially when you play with wood elves.

I dont think i will be changing anything, ill just have to live with it. Besides, its not a standard BB league. Its a Fantasy campaign which integrates a BB component, HeroQuest component and Mordhiem component. So you can do one of 4 military (or BB) options for your turn. Quite interesting actually.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah that sounds like quite a lot of fun actually - care to elaborate?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hauge wrote:
Either sack they commish of your league, or how about making him call the trolls at GW - ask them for a ruling... I've done that in the past to stupid opponents who couldn't read the rules properly... If he still can't see sense, I'd stop playing him, now and always...

GW might produce the game, but it doesnt mean they know the rules! Wink
hauge

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
hauge wrote:

GW might produce the game, but it doesnt mean they know the rules! Wink

They did in the past... There's even been an Q&A section in White Dwarf in the past - bots about BB and other GW games... Besides, sometimes a commish like this one, might feel better about hearing the truth from some one "official"... And if the trolls at GW doesn't know the right answer to this question... Where's my DP?

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ive just heard stories of GW trolls not allowing some GW minis (2nd ed) at the BB in nottingham last year, and of rules being blatantly wrong... I might be wrong though...

Seemingly there are some in GW who have never heard of BB, Space Hulk, Talisman etc Laughing
hauge

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes... I feel old now... Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, I know about em and im only 24 Razz
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hauge wrote:
Actually the CAS-table was first introduced in LRB 4 (i think), it was however used widely in LRB 3 as a house-rule... Invented by a clever Norwegian named Sigurd, and later adopted by GW as an official rule... Ahh, the days where you got +2 AND +2 to both armour and injury rolls with DP... Thank god they are over...

You're confusing LRB3 and 3rd edition. 3rd edition was released in '94 and had DP being +2 to both armor and injury. Sigurd's casualty table and DP being +2 on armor or injury was introduced in LRB1, which was released in '01. LRB3 was released in '03 and contained only minor changes compared to LRB2, which in turn contained only minor changes compared to LRB1.
rainbowsoldier

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

GrinningD wrote:
Hah that sounds like quite a lot of fun actually - care to elaborate?

Well the club that i go to plays a range of games, pretty much anything anyone can find. Historical to Old GW games like Heroquest.

First off, ill have to point out that we still use deathzone cards as most people where we are beleive them to add extra spice to the game.

Youll have to forgive me in my description, im an amatuer at fantasy, medium-skilled Bloodbowl player and a campaign version so heres how ill describe it =

Map-based campaign with 1 army for each Nation, with the objective being to further your territories and etc. Gain an income called supply points, which you can build things to help your armies / teams (e.g. a Wizards Tower gives you a free dispel scroll each game in fantasy, or as we use deathzone cards in BB - A magic item card in each game of BB)

Some things to improve your nation:
Shrine - D3 of rerolls per shrine in whatever you do this turn
Marketplace - Extra 100 points in Fantasy
Barracks - Free champion upgrade
And others ideas are suggested and some are approved (e.g. A rehab center for crippled bloodbowl players)

I military action per turn (army move, army attack, BB game, Mordhiem, Heroquest) and a spy action (devise a cunning scheme to cripple opponents e.g. Spiking water supply), but once a person devises a scheme, no-one else can use it.

Some wacky schemes - Assasinating other players, Constructing a Dragon Airforce to drop rocks on other nations, spiking water supplies, building a Great Wall of China equivalent around a nation.

a tonne of fun, and if anyone is in a simililar situation where they go to play, i suggest giving it a go, and tweaking it to suit yourselves.