17 coaches online • Server time: 07:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post 14 Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Place your custom rosters here and proposed teaks to rosters that you would like to see!!!

i would like to ask that only sensible rosters be posted!!!

also is there any chance that someone can make this topic sticky??? Do i need Mr Klipp or christer to do this for me???

i look forward to seeeing some new and exciting rosters!!!!
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

An obvious one would be a Nippon team; Phil's Phigs already has miniatures, all they need is rules:
Ma/St/Ag/Av
0-12 Lineman 6 3 3 8 50k (Gen)
0-2 Sumo 4 3 2 8 Block, Stand Firm 70k (Gen, Str)
0-2 Samurai 6 3 3 8 Block, Dauntless 90k (Gen, Str)
0-4 Ninja 8 3 4 7 Dodge, Shadowing 100k (Gen, Ag)

Rerolls: 50k

Secret weapons: Shuriken (Ninja only)
Penalty 10+
Cost: 30k extra
Rules: Once per turn, a Ninja armed with Shurikens may attack with them. Perform a Move action with the player, and at the end of this action, he may throw a Shuriken at an opponent player in exactly the same way as a Pass, but only over Quick Pass or Short Pass range. This does not count as the teams Pass Action, and cannot be Pass Blocked.
If a player of either team is in what would be an intercepting position, their coach rolls a d6: on a 1-2, that player is struck instead of the intended target, on 3-6, the Shuriken misses them. Do this in order of distance from the Shuriken thrower, nearest first. If two players are equally distant, the Shuriken thrower's coach chooses which rolls first.
If the throw is accurate, make an armour roll for the target and resolve injuries if any as normal. If armour is not broken, nothing happens. If the throw is inaccurate, make a scatter roll just like a missed pass, and if it falls on a player from either team, make an armour roll for him instead of the intentional target. If a player from the same team as the Shuriken thrower is Stunned or worse, the team suffers a Turnover. A fumbled Shuriken falls amongst the debris littering the pitch and is lost. This does not cause a Turnover.

Shurikens do not bounce, and vanish from play once they are used. Shuriken users have an unlimited number for use in the game.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, I'd consider Sumos w/ ST4, tho Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ya know going with this topic... anybody got any ideas for interesting (and of course balenced) big guys for the current rosters, or even just changes to positional players?
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Nice, I'd consider Sumos w/ ST4, tho

It's a little-known, but golden rule of team creation that you can't have Str 4 (Big Guys not include) and Ag 4 players on the same roster. Str 4 Sumos (therefore no Block then, another rule) would mean Ag 3 Ninjas - that doesn't sound as much fun....
The Pact teams break this, but then no-one seriously considers those to be fair...any ideas for Nippon Big Guys? MBBL suggests a Temple Guardian statue - not sure about that one...I've checked out ancient Japonese mythical beasts for inspiration, and all I could find was the 'Oni', which is basically an Ogre.
I wanted to see another all-round Av 8 team, as all the newest teams seem to be ultra-bashy av8/9 teams (or Khemri, which is much the same), or tournament-oriented front-loadable av7 teams.
gophur

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

you have basically a team with 4 ranged chainsaw people with agil 4, 8 mv, dodge and shadow for only 100k? errrmm looks waayy too cheap

look at the elf cater
0-4 Catcher 100000 8 3 4 7 Catch, Leap, G A

vs
0-4 Ninja 100000 8 3 4 7 Dodge, Shadowing, Shurikens, G A

I think you have to change this some.
neophyte

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2003 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Cost: 30k extra
^^ not 100k 130k
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2003 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Current secret weapons allow only 1 or 2 per team, I believe. And yes, the secret weapons have an additional cost. It's more like a ranged Poison Dagger than a Chainsaw, btw, without the Stun becomes KO ruling - that would be too good.