23 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the Fairies be changed to the More Mayhem Version?
Most deinitely. I've played them and I love the changes.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Never. I've played them and I like them the way they are.
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I've played them but I've got a better change in mind...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I've never played with the current version but I would play the more mayhem version.
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
I've never played with them but I hate the changes because...
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
I've never played with them but I think this would but this is what I think should change...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I hate stunties, but I still want to answer this poll.
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Should the Fairies be changed to the More Mayhem Version?

I was designing the initial Fairies roster but it got implemented before I was satisfied with it. This would have been the roster I would have asked to have been implemented if I had my way.

Fairies More Mayhem Roster
0-6 Pixies 7-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Very Long Legs Ag 60K
0-12 Brownies 6-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge, Jump Up, Right Stuff Ag 30K
0-3 Treeman 2-6-1-10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Big Guy, Take Root, Throw Team-Mate 110K
Rerolls:50K
Apothecary:Yes

More Mayhem Faeries Test Roster

Faeiries Strengths: Fast (M7 & 6), Mobile (Hypno & Jump Up), Good Ball Handling (AG3 and Hypno), 3 Big Guys (with Take Root)
Faeries Weaknesses: Frail (AV6), Little Muscle (Lots of ST1), No Secret Weapons
Fluffy-ness: A whole faery grove takes to the field to take on the minions of darkness that are dominating the Stunty Leeg.

Changes: I upped the Mayhem Factor a bunch with these changes.Giving the brownies right stuff, gives them access to the trademark stunty leeg TTM playbook. Dropping their ST to 1 will make them even more frail but jump up should make them even more annoying. I gave them 3 Treemenwhich because Big Guys are a key element of stunty and it seems fair as the other ST1 team gets 3 Trolls (and access to Pump Wagons). I don't believe these changes will make them much stronger, just more distinctive.

When voting please state whether you have/are playing with them. I'd hate to petition for the roster to be changed if all of the coaches that are using them like them the way they are and hate these changes.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Stunty Test Rosters
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you do vote no, and you currently have a fairy team, could you please post your thoughts in this thread.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played with them but I hate the changes because...

people seem to be trying to change Stunty from "Stunty Leeg" to "Make Your Own Roster Leeg"
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg has always beeon composed of mostly made up rosters, and this roster is already a part of the league, so it's not like a new one is getting added, it's just getting revised to be more playable. If we had never made up any rosters stunty leeg would consist of goblins and halflings.

The Finishing Touch
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

another tree or two would be nice
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ANY change is good as the current fairies team by far is the suckiest team in stunty. I do have trouble with there being only str 1 though (the trees don't included, of course). All the other teams will have a field day against this team since str 1 + av 6 + stunty is a surefire way to get squished into a pulp.

Still voted yes to the changes cause as I said - fairies team can't get worse at the moment.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I belive that they dont need to be changed with move 7 players and Hypno gaze they just walk through defenses at the moment. However if you decided to reduce the brownies strength you would have to give them more trees to compensate otherwise they would be thrashed by everyone
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
Personally I belive that they dont need to be changed with move 7 players and Hypno gaze they just walk through defenses at the moment.

The proposed changes effect this "walk through defenses" strength. Presently, you need to be very strategic in your use of Hypno and use a brownie to blitz a ball carrier if you've been sucessful in "walking through" your opponents defense. Much easier typed then actually done, especially when your players tend to drop like flies. With the proposed changes you'll need at least 3 players to get a 2 db on most stunty teams. Maybe this is a bit too harsh but that's why I upped the pixies move to 8 (7 + VLL).

Quote:
However if you decided to reduce the brownies strength you would have to give them more trees to compensate otherwise they would be thrashed by everyone

Do you think 3 Treemen is not enough? I upped them from just 1 if you didn't notice. I just hope that they are still playable with all that ST1. If played properly (hypnotise, hit and run tactics), you shouldn't be taking too many blocks in a turn.

If it wasn't completly unfluffy, I'd be interested in giving the faeries (not treemen) all regeneration. The Faerie Queen works her protective magic on her folk? =) But this is only if they are completely unplayable at STR1.

The proposed changes aren't for power balance reasons. A win % of 36/23/41 has shown that they aren't overpowering or very underpowered. They just aren't very fun to play. IHMO Stunty Leeg is about Mayhem. But the only mayhem the fairies bring to the game is when their opponents smash them to pieces. Hypnotic Gaze gives them a little bit of a Mayhem Feature but not much (skinks have virtually no Mayhem Features). Thus adding TTM, jump up and lowering all their strengths to 1 ups their Mayhem Factor significantly which should help increase you Fun Factor when using the team. And as we all know Stunty is all about Fun Factor!

I've got a playtest team up on my website if you'd like to playtest them.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

P.S. I'd really like to hear from the coaches who have played several games with the current version.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no.

With brownes only with str 1 I can only see treemen making any blocks... how are you going to get he ball?
Smile

Half the time (or more with injuries) you would begin the game with just 1 treeman, surrounded by str 1 casualty fodder. When kicking chances are all your brownies will be knocked prone at best, leaving your opponents big guy(s) to get a 2 dice block on your lone treeman.

Who then probably takes 2-3 turns to get back up again.
Embarassed

As they are now, we at least have a chance of blitzing the ball carrier... with these proposed changes I can see fairies scoring more but conceding alot more, and taking even more casualties than they do now.

We already have teams with TTM... why make another? Instead why not remove the treeman entirely and give us something else.

Brit.
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

something needs to be done to make this team more fun
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2003 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like there is a consensus that people want the Faeries changed. I'd appreciate some feedback on the More Mayhem Version of the Faeries. I've provided a playtest roster on my Stunty Website. Play some games and give me some feedback. I've got some other clever ideas that I'll spring on you later.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Make Trade Fair
gophur

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2003 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

take note these guys are faster and same str as snots were prior to pump wagons....and i was able to get some block with my lil snotlings and it would be easier with these guys...i must admit tho i have nevber played vs or with this team.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2003 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought I should update this thread to let you know the faeries are being changed. I've got a few rosters up to vote on in this thread.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom