36 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post 3 Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of us that aren't as creative in naming our players, and for those of us who are lazy Embarassed (or any combination of the two) how about an option to "reset" a team back to a brand new team after our tournament is over, that way we don't have to retire them and make a whole new one. I don't know how hard this would be or anything like that, so it's just an idea.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think that this is possible, because afaik all teams and their matches are linked (even the retired ones) and therefore you can't delete any records due to consistency reasons. Correct me if i'm wrong Confused

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If I spend ages thinking up names for players - then have to retire the team for some reason, I will use the same names for new players of the same position on a different team provided they weren't killed or SI'd or have skills.

The way I look at it is that they've been recruited onto a new team.

eg. I retired my first chaos team after the 2nd match, they had 2 dead and 3 to miss the next game leaving 7 beastmen and 100k to play with.
When I started my next chaos team, I used several of the unhurt beastmen names again.

Saved a lot of thinking Smile
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You even can reuse the dead ones. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Player names are not unique, team names are. I have had about 3-5 mummies called The Undertaker. He played for Deadman Inc., Deadman Incorporated, and Deadman, among other teams.
 Jump to: