84 coaches online • Server time: 20:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the 10 minutes of extra time be removed from Major Tournament Games?
Yes
61%
 61%  [ 93 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 151

Flix

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

extra time is very good feature, because it can happen much in RL that can stop you from playing for a short time.
if you talk about the time, you may think about if a player need less time for there turns
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut and Jan: Get a room, you are so far off topic it isn't even funny. (ok it is kinda funny to me, but that is beside the point)

Remove the 10 minute rule in majors. if something is a higher priority than Fumbbl then fine, take care of it. The game can be resumed later. These are majors. Even if ranked isn't competitive, that Majors are.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep my opinion and think it should be removed. If the RL mergency doens't let you finish your turn (which will give you all the time in the world) just be civilized and shw that you had an extraordinary emergency and reload the damn game. I keep playing hundreds of games and still haven't seen ONCE where the rule did any good.

The only use i've seen beeing given to extra time is abuse to prepare plays. I saw Dalibor vs Warriortsuke for example in the XFL II Skaven Final where Dalibor would consistently dip into the 10 minutes extra time with no other reason than using it for his slow play, going compltely against the idea for that rule.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I played hundreds of games as well, and I still have to see ONCE where the rule was needed in the first place.

It seems to me that the problem here is Dalibor... Isn't it simpler to PM Dalibor and tell him to hurry up his ass instead of asking for a new rule?
I mean, if it's against the spirit of the rule it would be just easier to tell him that if an Admin specs his game and finds he is regularly using his 10 mins for thinking and not for emergencies, his team is gonna be retired.

That would
a) work much better than a new rule
b) be implemented faster than a new rule.

No?

ps: ok, that was a bit ironic, but my point is: 99% of the coaches were NOT slow, still the 4 mins rule got implemented. Now you are asking a restriction of the rule, because some coaches are slow. But 99% of the coaches participating in a Major just play normally. Why always create a rule to contain the 1% abusers, instead of simply create a circle isolating and censoring them, without the need for further rules?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I played hundreds of games as well, and I still have to see ONCE where the rule was needed in the first place.

It seems to me that the problem here is Dalibor... Isn't it simpler to PM Dalibor and tell him to hurry up his ass instead of asking for a new rule?
I mean, if it's against the spirit of the rule it would be just easier to tell him that if an Admin specs his game and finds he is regularly using his 10 mins for thinking and not for emergencies, his team is gonna be retired.

That would

No?

ps: ok, that was a bit ironic, but my point is: 99% of the coaches were NOT slow, still the 4 mins rule got implemented. Now you are asking a restriction of the rule, because some coaches are slow. But 99% of the coaches participating in a Major just play normally. Why always create a rule to contain the 1% abusers, instead of simply create a circle isolating and censoring them, without the need for further rules?

Because it won't stop the player(s) from continuing to go over the time. Changing the rule will allow for the 100% to play a normal game. ALso, you really can't isolate someone that hasqualified for a major. They are in the major, so I can't really say "I am not going to play that person". (Not that I will be in a major)

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

That would

No?

I agree (ish)
Lots of hot air here for something that isn't IMO that important.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, maybe it's just me but I come from the old school "less rules = good".

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are so anal retentive that you get completely bent out of shape because a few minutes of your day are burnt by other's comments about slow play (or because YOU CHOSE TO READ A THREAD THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO READ BY ANY MEANS), then maybe you should re-evaluate a few things in your life, no?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
If you are so anal retentive that you get completely bent out of shape because a few minutes of your day are burnt by other's comments about slow play (or because YOU CHOSE TO READ A THREAD THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO READ BY ANY MEANS), then maybe you should re-evaluate a few things in your life, no?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Is that Plorg or Spiro? Shocked Confused Razz Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Idea Question Razz Razz Confused Embarassed Embarassed

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

(BTW, For those who only skimmed the thread,
that was a response to another post.)
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Laughing

im genuinely shocked. i almost didnt bother reading this thread since neither the 10 minuite rule or the majors are of much interest to me. how did my name end up in here???

is this the new fumbbl fundraiser? every time my name gets dropped i have to donate $1?

i think if anybody wants to have a forum discusion about what i did it might be best if i create a new thread to discuss it rather than hijacking someone elses. i'll create it when i get home from work then you can all (or at least those who care) have your say. Jan i would welcome your opinions on the matter as would i those of the coach who reported me (i wont name him here as i think its up to him if he wants to). shadow, get that dead horse ready... its due for another flogging.

btw, i still love ya Jan Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there is a 4 min rule... which at the present doesn't do anything at all...
Can't see the harm in letting the big boys play with a working time limit when it's the Majors.

The rest of us are stuck with the current (somewhat shoddy) attempt at a time limit.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
LOL Laughing

im genuinely shocked. i almost didnt bother reading this thread since neither the 10 minuite rule or the majors are of much interest to me. how did my name end up in here???

is this the new fumbbl fundraiser? every time my name gets dropped i have to donate $1?

i think if anybody wants to have a forum discusion about what i did it might be best if i create a new thread to discuss it rather than hijacking someone elses. i'll create it when i get home from work then you can all (or at least those who care) have your say. Jan i would welcome your opinions on the matter as would i those of the coach who reported me (i wont name him here as i think its up to him if he wants to). shadow, get that dead horse ready... its due for another flogging.

btw, i still love ya Jan Smile

Apparently all you know how to do is t16 foul. I bet you just end turn until t16 just to get that bad boy in.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2007 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never understood why the 10 min AND 4 min turns was needed. Ok with the 10 mins (because people can get into irl things) but then the turntime should be reduced to 3 min or the 10 mins should at least not could be used to add time to every 4 min turn.

So in short the 10 min. should be a one-time-per-game thing - that people could use in emergencies - not something that is kinda against the LRB rules (by adding time to each turn). Otherwise enforce turnlimits makes absolutely no sence.