55 coaches online • Server time: 21:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Powermonger got it bad too, retired a Warrior and two Beasts.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The Non-AQ is turning into a bit of a bloodbath at the moment.

Fun times!

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

NCCB is the best league on fumbbl. Wish I had the schedule to play at the moment. I am still following the league and speccing some matches. The wolfpack will return to kill some more wolves one day!
Garnak

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Marcellus wrote:
NCCB is the best league on fumbbl. Wish I had the schedule to play at the moment. I am still following the league and speccing some matches. The wolfpack will return to kill some more wolves one day!

I second that. Except we are here and still playing! Smile
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

FBC Review Preview

OMG, we're supposed to keep on doing these things?

WTF????

Well, here's one thing I know.

The FBC totally won the interconference matchups. TOTALLY!

Check it out.

Oregon, won.
Air Force won(ish).
Cockaroachas WON!
Gaytards DOUBLE WON YOUR ASS!
GGW of course they won, they win even when they don't play.
Domers super won everything and the burrito it was served in.
Diggers won your moms favorite position x1,000,000
Leatherbarks won(well, lost, but still won for being in the FBC).

I'm not kidding either. Check the stats yourself. FBC was 7-4-5 against the slack jawed conferences of yokels.

Super defended their national titties once again.

NO TITTIES FOR YOU!
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an award for someone who is past his prime? Cuz I got a berserker that took his 3rd -Av
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Concise, erudite and balanced coverage.

licker does it again.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Smack 8 Stumbles in the OCC games

Well the Smack 8 did not have the type of performances in the out of conference games that we would have like to have seen. lets go to the records.

1. Slam Diego State 3-0-1
Standing alone at the top and pushing for another National Title shot is Slam Diego. They went went 2-0 in the OCC games including a win over the 2 time defending champs the honeygrues, but a SHOCKING loss to TCU in week 4 could put a damper on their hopes. They will need to run the table the rest of the way to stay in the title discussion.

2.TCU 2-1-1
TCU had a poor showing in the OCC one of the new teams to the smack conference has come on strong in the conference games and may make this reporter eat some crow after picking them to finish near the bottom of the conference. A dominating win over Alabama and a Shocking win over Slam Diego has TCU in bowl contention.

4.Fresno State 1-1-1
Fresno had an ok OCC run with 1 win and 1 tie, before losing a shocker to midseason replacement Gardner Web who beat the Red-Wave like they caught them stealing warpstone candy from a child. Fresno should be contending for a mid level bowl

4.Nippon U 1-1-1
With only 1 official game played this season Nippon U sits at .500 a loss to Oregon doesn't give us much to talk about. Nippon still has a chance to make a mid level bowl.

5.Gardner Web/BYU 1-0-2
After BYU no showed for the OCC schedule Gardner Web stepped in and beat Fresno State like a Red Headed Step Child. I am going to go out on a limb and say Gardner Web will overcome the 0-0-2 they started with a make a low level Bowl.

6.Alabama 1-1-2
Well Alabama is taking their lumps as a new team in the AQ, but still is within bowl striking distance. A win vs Air Force is something to build on, but they have stumbled early in Conference play

7.Hawaii/UNM 0-1-3
Well Hawaii has packed up shop again and is on leave. With UNM stepping in they will be fighting an uphill battle but a tie vs Alabama is something I guess. Will be a long season for whomever is here.

8. Navy 0-0-3
Navy is back to their old ways after a much better showing last season. Could a return to the Mcnurgles be on the horizon only time will tell. Losses to the GGW and CDI didn't make it a fun OCC for the Grandaddy of the NCBB

Overall a horrible start for the Smack 8 this season. Slam Diego and TCU may be the Smack 8's only hopes for high bowl games this season.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

UNM would like to point out that UNM is not interested in silly wins and meaningless draws.

UNM is only interested in wrecking teams.

Just ask Slam Diego how pyrrhic their so called 'win' was.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
Is there an award for someone who is past his prime? Cuz I got a berserker that took his 3rd -Av

Is there a "Balls > Brains" award for playing after -2 AV to AV 6?

(And I didn't think that 3rd one would add in btr. I can see he's now listed at AV 5 (8-3 = 5), but identical injuries are supposed to be capped at -2, neh? Maybe when/if he's no longer MNG it'll be corrected?)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you buying AV8 Norse?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2014 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

At the "Balls > Brains" store, where else?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
OTS

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

George R. R. Martin turns out material more timely. c'mon deputy commissioners Razz
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to do a Sophomore Preview after the season is over. But for the rest of 'em, I can't speak.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Smack 8 Push For Bowl Season

Its that time of year where teams are setting up for their final push for bowl season. We have a shocker near the top of the Smack 8 and a long time powerhouse there as well. Lets see how the teams are doing with just a few games left.

1. Slam Diego 5-0-1
Slam Diego finds itself bowl eligible and a strong 2-0 Occ performance will likely help its status in the rfitz rankings. Slam Diego may be in the discussion for a return to the title game, but you can bet you ass that Fresno State in week 9 will be motivated to end the title hopes of their rival. Slam Diego has one blemish on its record by a team that surprised me and I will be making sure that this next team stays in the Smack 8 long term.

2. TCU 4-1-1
TCU is a surprise to me as I picked them to finish near the bottom. They have proven me wrong and with a big win vs Slam Diego will probably be looking at a high tier bowl. TCU had a weak showing in the Occ match ups going 0-1-1 and this might keep them out of the Rose bowl, but one thing is for sure. TCU is here to stay and they are the real deal.

3. Nippon U 4-0-3
This is where we get into the teams that will be fighting and scratching to keep their bowl lives in tact. Nippon has a game remaining vs Gardner Webb which is a desperate team and TCU who has proven they can win. Nippon needs to just avoid two straight losses and they will be eligible for a mid level bowl. Maybe a return to the Wonderbra bowl? Who can forget their classic match vs Florida way back in season 15?

4.Alabama 3-2-2
Alabama in its first season in the Smack 8 has proven itself a tough cookie. One thing is for certain Alabama will be a powerhouse next season as it is sporting a lot of experience. Similar to Nippon U Alabama just needs to avoid 2 straight losses, with Games against Slam Diego and Navy its gonna be a fight.

5. Fresno 2-2-3
Fresno's chances at a bowl are on life support. The team has been shocked a few times and has 2 tough match ups to go. Navy Beat Fresno last season and Fresno will be out for revenge, but even if they manage a win against Navy, Fresno has its Rival Slam Diego sitting there at week 9 Fresno cannot afford to lose a game and must go at least 1-1-0 in the last two weeks. This bowl season could have Fresno on the outside looking in.

6. Gardner Webb 2-0-4
Gardner Webb stepped in mid season and will need a borderline miracle to be bowl eligible with 3 games left they must go at least 2-1-0. Gardner Webb has shown some spurts of greatness and will be interesting to see how to return next season.

7. Navy 1-0-5
With its lone win coming against UNM a return to the Mcnurgle bowl looks to be in order for the Grandaddy of the NCBB. After a Killerlite win last season this has to be a disappointing performance for Navy. The team looks to be well built for a potential rebound next season. The Granddaddy of college football rolls on.

8. UNM Low Blows 0-1-5
Casualty after casualty for UNM, they have not been able to get anything rolling this season. To add insult to injury they are not even eligible for the Mcnurgle game. One thing is for sure the Smack 8 appreciates UNM showing up every week, cause byes suck.
 Jump to: